What Once was Lost
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
April 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch size: 618k
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Mystic sages have found a way to further improve the Sword of Lost Light!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The strange crystal wisps continue their invasion of the Crystalline Crag!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Hunter has updated his bounty list! Go seek him out if you, too, share the thrill of the hunt."
- Town Crier tells you, "The denizens of Mar'uun need help with a new task! Go to that strange town in the desert if you would help those poor stranded souls."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorers' Society has marked ten new locations in Dereth for travel enthusiasts!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The unique vendors at the Colosseum, Mhoire Graveyard, and Olthoi Infestation have new armor upgrades available."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are changes afoot at Freebooter Keep and Northwatch Castle. Apparently the denizens of those strongholds are changing the way in which they show their allegiances."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are new rewards available from those who seek help with the Jester and with Aerbax's memory seed machinations..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is there's some kind of elusive and powerful assassin out there, looking for help with a specialty task..."
- Town Crier tells you, "A mysterious female assassin prowls the wilds. To find her, seek out and slay hostile Isparians in the wilds throughout Dereth. Much as it pains me to recommend murder."
- Town Crier tells you, "A new, more powerful crystal has arisen to menace the Crystalline Crag! Travel there to see if you are strong enough to defeat it."
- Town Crier tells you, "Go see Sean the Speedy in Holtburg if you have the travel bug. His Explorers' Society has marked ten new locations in Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hunters of all stripes will wish to journey to Holtburg and speak with Rand about the latest bounties. The bounty list puts me in mind of the old days, when Shadows and crystal beasts threatened Dereth..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm told that there are new infusions available for the Sword of Lost Light. Seek out the unique vendors in the Colosseum, Mhoire Graveyard, and Olthoi Infestation to learn more."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you have, in the past, helped investigate the mysteries of the Mhoire Jester or the memory seeds that Aerbax planted months ago, you may wish to seek them out again. The rewards offered have been improved."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are further developments in Mar'uun as the town's inhabitants seek to understand their predicament. It seems a machinist is in need of help."
- Town Crier tells you, "The secret societies will undoubtedly be curious to see what changes have occurred at Northwatch Castle and Freebooter Keep. The shady inhabitants of those two locations are offering richer rewards, but their loyalty seems to be tougher to assure..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Doesn't it just figure that the loyalty of those knaves at Freebooter and Northwatch has become more tricky. You can take the pirates away from the plundering, but you can't take the plundering out of pirates."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Finally, the snow is off the ground. Sometimes, when the weather turns warm again, I think I might switch from stout to ales. But then I realize what that will do to the island's stout economy, so for the greater good I remain a faithful stout drinker."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, yes, I've heard of that assassin prowling around. I hate to even speak of her. I was raising her to be the sous-chef in a restaurant I was going to open up here. Little did I imagine she only pretended to be interested in the venture so that she could learn my fabulous knife techniques."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yes, Rand's got people hunting Shadows now. But not the cuddly old shadows from Bael'Zharon's retinue that we've all come to know and love. I'm talking the really hair-raising, crazy side of chaos Shadows."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yes, you can thank me for the new infusions for the Sword of Lost Light. I must confess, though, I was really just trying to brew a potent new form of barleywine, for when I don't want to do all that work to get properly soused."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah, see the cute baby bunny rabbits. I tell you what, though, you don't want to get between a mama white rabbit and her babies. I've seen the bones. That's why I turned to drinking in the first place. An innocent little fertility and crop-planting festival went horribly, horribly wrong."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "My Doomshark Coat was looking a little ragged, so I whipped up a quick restoration kit that also improved its protective abilities. Of course, I should have kept it a secret, as those dishonest merchants who must ply their trade in the island's most inhospitable locations stole the technique before I could patent it. I'm so bitter about it, I could just... drink."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yes, the machinist of Mar'uun is looking for help fixing some device. It's a music box that plays a tune his mother used to sing him back on Ispar. Makes him bawl like a little baby. Wait, you didn't think that you'd be saving the town by helping him, did you? I am pretty sure all those folks are just plain doomed."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Selaina the Subtle? Why do you ask about her? I mean, I could tell you what I know about her, but then I'd have to kill you. Or she'd kill you. Word to the wise. Why do you want to know about her? You're not actually Oswald in disguise, are you? He's put one over on me like that before."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Well of course it's no surprise to me that MacTavish of Freebooter Keep has seen fit to, ahem, renegotiate his contracts. He's a slippery eel, never to be trusted, and that goes for anyone whose name begins with Mac."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yep, Sean the Speedy and his compatriots have marked another set of locations to visit for their little cartography game. I'll give you a hint, a few of the locations in question have to do with that great big spear-wielding demon from a few years back. What was his name? Stale? Kale? Ishmael?"
- Radiant Mana Infusion Quest (Empowered Sword of Lost Light) - Three upgrade infusions added, choose one to add to an Empowered Sword of Lost Light to improve stats and add Skeleton Slayer, Shadow Slayer, or Paradox Olthoi Slayer. NOTE: The SoLL Olthoi slayer is NOT a paradox olthoi slayer but a regular olthoi slayer, weaker than the Aerbax's Prodigal Olthoi reward sword due to lack of resistance cleaving (save this one for last).
- Dereth Exploration - Ten new markers have been added to find. According to Ulgrim some markers will be found near places connected to Grael.
- Monthly Game Hunter has new tasks for Rampagers, Crystalline Wisps, VoD/Withered Drudges, DI Shadows, and PotB Lugians.
- Crystalline Adventurer - New 110+ dungeon at bottom of Crystalline Portal, up to 125 million xp and the title "Burning Soul" for turning in a Giant Aggregate Crystalline Shard (6-day timer).
- Crystalline Markers - 5 New Markers in the 110+ Crystalline Portal dungeon.
- Land Control - Freebooter Keep and Northwatch Castle now have platforms above each fort. NPC added that gives (PK specified) society members Braced Mana Forge Key's after claiming a fort (Note: NPC disappears 10 minutes after a fort has been claimed). A Crystal Array spawns on the new platform 27 hours after a fort has been claimed, allowing other societies force the Blight to revert the fortress to a neutral state earlier than the 3 day standard timer. Also a level VIII Buffing Array has been added by the cave entrance that gives 90 minute life protections.
- Quests that have been updated with Braced Mana Forge Key rewards:
- Barkeep Aliece Landlig - New Barkeep at Danby's Outpost, she sells Danby's Ale for the Assassin's Roost Quest.
- Creed - near 74.0S 43.8W (he requires a quest to access), Vendor with unique wares that uses MMD currency
- Kaywin - A machinist in Mar'uun looking to fix the Stabilizing Machine there. She needs Alloy Parts from the old Undead Mechanic Quest.
- Selaina the Subtle - near 74.0S 43.8W (she requires a quest to access), can be killed to obtain the Assassin's Edge and Assassin's Cowl.
- Ardenson, Lander, Maniel and Maximas - Assassin's Roost Quest
- Mitsuhara Takeo (Celestial Hand) - Land Control
- Mitsuhara Kamekeka (Eldrytch Web) - Land Control
- Mitsuhara Ryuhi (Radiant Blood) - Land Control
- Assassin's Roost - Via portal in the Roost Dungeon or an Assassin's Recall Gem, see Assassin's Roost Quest for details.
- Crystalline Portal (110+) - Map - Via Crystalline Portal at 17.0S 61.2W on Crystalline Crag.
- Roost Dungeon - via giving Skipping Stone to a Fishing Hole, see Assassin's Roost Quest for details.
- Northwatch Castle has a floating platform in the middle of the courtyard.
- Moarsman City is no longer flat but has more rugged terrain with palm trees all over (Before and After Image to the right).
- All creatures on the Island now are worth about 750k to 800k xp.
|Buffing Array||Creeping Blight Banner of the Courtyard Crystal Array||Freebooter Keep Supply Crate|
|Northwatch Castle Supply Crate|
|Armor Upgrade Kit Containment Gem||Upgraded Doomshark Hide Coat||Upgraded Nefane Shield|
|Upgraded Plaguefang's Robe||Upgraded Scourge's Hide Leggings||Upgraded Snarl's Jerkin|
|Assassin's Roost Quest: Rewards|
|Assassin's Cowl||Assassin's Recall Gem||Writ of Forgiveness|
|Mana Forge Key Writ||Society Armor Writ||Assassin Title Writ|
|Death Dealer Title Writ||Assassin's Edge|
|Crystalline Adventurer Update|
|Giant Aggregate Crystalline Shard|
|Stabilizing Machine||Machinist's Gloves|
|Monster Fights Update|
|Monster Fight Shirt|
- A wide variety of creatures that did not formerly drop a corpse now drop a loot pile called "Treasure of xxxx" including Ghosts, Elementals, Wisps and ??.
Click image for full size version.
- When a new character is created and starts in Holtburg, the character may first log in to one of the new dungeons, rather than the training dungeon. It is suggested that if this happens, the player delete that character, as "there are certain changes that only get applied to the character when leaving the training academy (marketplace recalls)." It is suggested new characters choose another starter town until this issue is fixed.
- Time of day is skipping periods.
- Xsao Lann has disapeared from Teth (darling necklace quest NPC) - on Solclaim at least.
- Society Armor Writ - "...exchanged for a Black Market society armor writ form [sic] Selaina..."
- Skeleton (Assassin's Roost) - "The skeletal remains of [sic] poor deceased soul."