From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
December 1999 - Announcements Page
- No Current Link Available
- No Original Link Available
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "An unexpected chill has brought snow and ice to much of Dereth. No one knows what has brought this sudden chill upon us. The word is to be wary of the snowmen. There're rumors of bigger ones too!"
- Town Crier tells you, "New robes available at some tailors! Wear yours for special occasions or as a fashion statement!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Sir Joffre Tremblant's adventuring party has gone missing. The group was last seen heading north from Arwic."
- Town Crier tells you, "Some people claim that the sun has grown slightly dimmer, but no one has confirmed this for sure. Some say it has contributed to the sudden chill. I also accept money, if you want more news."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is a season in the Naqut, back in Ispar, during which the winds gust constantly, and sandstorms cover the land, blotting out much of the light. It is called the Night Feast, during which we pray for fortune in the coming year, cook food with fine spices like cinnamon and oregano, and Feast the night away!"
- Town Crier tells you, "This is the time when we Aluvians are celebrating the Solstice, a time of lights and drinking and very good cheer. Join me in wishing Aluvians everywhere a fine and wonderful Solstice! Nothing is better at a time like this than a good drink and a fine apple pie."
- Town Crier tells you, "We celebrate now the Festival of Lights. Bring your torches and circle around, while we honor the Elder Spirits whose truths bring us light. Enjoy the food and drink, maybe someone will at last replicate the fiery kimchi that will make our celebrations complete."
New UI and Game Changes
- User Interface
- Button added which allows you to turn off rain and some other weather effects. Useful if these effects slow your frame rate.
- 12/16/99 - The Great Work - Players follow clues left by Sir Joffrey Tremblant and his exploration party to the Lost City of Frore, where they find they find and unknowingly destroy a piece to the Hopeslayer's prison --the Great Work.
- Archmage Philomon
- Brother Jarviso
- Lady Tallial
- Lisatha the Bowyer
- Nelvaine the Brewer
- Viamasa the Weaponsmith
- Yi Yo-Jin
- Bandit Castle & Neydisa Castle have multiple new and updated NPCs, with quests to go along.
- Ancient Lighthouse, Disaster Maze, Lightless Catacombs, and Small Icecave updated: Contain new lore documents.
- Make a snow angel (*snow angel*)
|12/16/99 - The Great Work (Live Event)|
|Tremblant's Ivory Staff||Crystal Device|
|Feud of Neydisa and Bandit Castle|
|History of Neydisa Castle||Nelvaine's Olde Ispar Stout||Jourgensson's Letter|
|MacDugal's Key||Gwillim's Alchemy Notes||Gwillim's Alchemy Bag|
|Premonitions of the Fourth Sending of Darkness|
|An Old Volume||Dark Note||Dusty Volume|
|Karwin's Key||Slimy Note||Shadow's Note|
|Translated History Book (An Old Volume)||Translated History Book (Dusty Volume)||Virindi's Note|
|Hoary Mattekar Hide||Hoary Mattekar Robe|
|Enchanted Iceball||Iceball||Poofy Snowball|
|Hearty Carrot Soup||Healing Carrot Soup||Hearty Healing Carrot Soup|
|Hearty Mana Carrot Soup||Mana Carrot Soup|
|Dho Vest and Robe||Faran Robe||Faran Robe with Hood|