Stirrings in the Dark
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
June 2011 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 9,027k (Client: 4,620k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen several fashionable members of the societies lately. I wonder if they'd let me join?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard several reports of disturbing shadow activity ramping up lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "I don't know if you've noticed but the undead seem far more frightening lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports that Isin Dule is seeking assistance with some vital task."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear the guards near the Lost City of Neftet have returned. I wonder where they went?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Societies are now offering tailorable robes and shield covers! What will they think of next?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seems that the baby animals around Dereth have begun to grow up. I hate waiting a year to have baby bunny stew again."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I went and collected all of those extra Prickly Pears out near Neftet. I don't think people realize what a powerful brew they can be turned into."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Olthoi Brood Matrons seem like such push overs lately. It used to be fun to go play catch with them, but now they just don't seem so impressive."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ler Rhan seems to be getting serious about his plans lately. I think he might try to bring The Hopeslayer back to cause havoc in Dereth. I don't even have a joke for that since if he succeeds, that would truly be a terrible thing."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Don't you worry about where Deewain went to. I'm taking good care of the big softy."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The collectors on Dark Isle have found a new item they are interested in, Corrupted Essences. They seem to be a bit more stingy than before though, as they only want 100 of these items a day. Well I am here to make a stand against such limits. From here on out I will accept as much stout per day as you wish to give me. Hand me another stout and I will show you my dedication to this mission."
New UI and Game Changes
- Stage 3 of the Shadow Invasion Quest chain the Fate of Bael'Zharon introduced.
- Insatiable Eater Jaw pickup timer now matches the Aug Gem timer at 13 days.
- Prismatic Ammunition now has lower requirements to create and wield.
- With the change in seasons all the baby critters have now been removed from the landscape.
- 11 new Contracts added.
- Fate of Bael'Zharon - 30,000 Luminance, 350,000,000xp, Fortified Mana Forge Key
- (Stage 3 of the Shadow Invasion Quest Chain).
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Quests for June:
- Ansar El-Kerdany: Staff of the Nomads Quest
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "There once was a great staff known as the Staff of the Nomads. The staff had been broken and the pieces hidden for safe keeping."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Visit Anadil's tomb to find clues on the pieces of this staff. Return the staff to its original glory and then return to me and I shall reward you."
- Esmond Fielding: Tanada House of Storms Quest
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that Sayuji Jina needs help in her quest to understand the Tanada Clan of the Nanjou Shou-Jen."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Return to me after you have aided her and I will further reward you for your deeds."
- Niccolo De Luca: Suzuhara Baijin's Delivery
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that Suzuhara Baijin, in Stonehold, needs assistance in getting a care package to his sick brother."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Deliver that package for him and then return to me and I shall reward you."
- Ansar El-Kerdany: Staff of the Nomads Quest
- Relic Armor - The unique trophy drops on Dark Isle were replaced with 2 general trophies that can be turned in in amounts of 1, 10, or 100 at a time with a daily limit of 100.
- Dire Champions - Aun Javhalrea, the Game Warden was updated to now accepts Dire Champion Tokens in amounts of 1, 10, or 100 at a time with a daily limit of 100.
- Dryreach Rescue - Changes to the Dryreach Rescue quest were implemented so that players don't have to wait a long time to run the quest after another player. NPCs no longer disappear waiting for quest to be completed. Yu Vuo-Ki has also been moved to a new location 8.5S 73.3E.
- Gear Crossbow Quest - A frozen ice wall has been changed to a frozen stone wall, thereby lengthening the path through the dungeon.
- Aug Gem: Sir Bellas - Quest timer lowered from 21 days to 13 days.
- Now sell Contracts:
- Barkeeper AmberJill - Town Network (North hall)
- Barkeep Hosaam - Town Network (West hall)
- Barkeeper Lazzaro - Town Network (South hall)
- Hanadi the Barkeeper - Town Network (East hall)
- Shopkeep Gunderson - Eldrytch Web Stronghold
- Shopkeeper Polly - Celestial Hand Stronghold
- Shopkeeper Lazlo - Radiant Blood Stronghold
- Isparian Combat Arena Master - Name changed to Derethian Combat Arena Master.
- Summoning Cave - 29.2S 95.8E
- Lair of the Eviscerators - has had a surface portal added at the end of the dungeon.
- Temple in the Lost City of Neftet - has had a texture update to the stairs in the main entry room.
|Lesser Corrupted Essence||Corrupted Essence (Trophy)|
|Fate of Bael'Zharon|
|Energy Scintilla||Door Key (Summoning Cave)||Message from Ler Rhan to Ter Shen.|
|Strange Purple Crystal||Strange Purple Crystal from the Summoning Cave|
|Celestial Hand Robe (Item)||Celestial Hand Robe (Armor)||Celestial Hand Shield Cover|
|Radiant Blood Robe (Item)||Radiant Blood Robe (Armor)||Radiant Blood Shield Cover|
|Eldrytch Web Robe (Item)||Eldrytch Web Robe (Armor)||Eldrytch Web Shield Cover|
- Pack T'thuun - Dolls will now decay in 20 seconds if left on the ground.
- Insatiable Eater Jaw - Pickup timer reduced to 13 days.
- Lost City of Neftet Recall - Spell icon fixed.
- Prickly Pear - Icon fixed.
- Squalid Shield - The Squalid Shield is now inscribeable.
- Core Plating Integrator - The Core Plating Integrator has been updated and is now able to be used on Upgraded Relic Armor.
Portal.dat (Ingame Items)
Click image for full size.
- Prismatic ammo is working incorrectly (defaulting to piercing damage) with certain quest weapons in addition to any weapons imbued with Critical Strike, Armor Rending or Crippling Blow.
- Crown/Flame suppression effect on inventory paper doll & examine panel still do not update until after relog.