Should the Stars Fall
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
November 2000 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
State of the Code
- The official account of Turbine's efforts to destroy the Shard of the Herald (aka Harry) on Thistledown after the players there successfully defended it.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm so relieved we aren't wearing those masks anymore. I just hope next month we don't have to wear any silly red suits."
- Town Crier tells you, "SouthbySoutheastward Ho! There's land to be found off of the coast near Mayoi."
- Town Crier tells you, "I don't want to seem rude, but have you been fighting Moarsmen lately? Maybe you should take a bath."
- Town Crier tells you, "Many new monsters have been discovered on the Vesayen Islands."
- Town Crier tells you, "Army camps for both sides are gathering on the Vesayen Islands as the Shadows and Undead seem poised for battle."
- Town Crier tells you, "Sir Candeth Martine has still not been found. The society is very concerned."
- Town Crier tells you, "Apparently the Shadows and Undead sometimes use weaker creatures as lackeys in their recent struggles."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday while trying to find a fez...actually, I'm lying. I'm always standing here in this same spot! When do I have the time to go fez hunting?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Kryst has been found! Can you believe that the residents there still think that there is an Olthoi invasion going on? They should be relieved to know that all we have to worry about are the Shadows."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are reports of Mosswarts worshipping stone idols far to the southeast."
- Town Crier tells you, "Explorers hacking deep into the jungles of Vesayen report seeing a giant ruined structure defended by an army of undead."
- Town Crier tells you, "Don't give up on those Blue Phyntos Wasps yet. They may just surprise you."
- Town Crier tells you, "I always enjoy looking up into the sky and watching the pretty birds."
- Town Crier tells you, "The sun finally looks like a proper sun should!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Hmm, you know, we stand here all day and night dispensing valuable advice to adventurers, and yet we must rely on the kindness of strangers to make a living. It's time we formed a union!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So, have ye killed your first Tremendous Monouga yet? What a great trophy you can get off'em - a toenail clipping you can use as a sword! And they cut through enchantments! And do 50 damage!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I once lived on an island. For a long time, too. Me and a Skipper sure had some good times"
New UI and Game Changes
- After much criticism, the Heaumes have been reverted back to an improved version of their original look. The new Armet now has the "teapot" style artwork instead.
- The animation speed for equipping and un-equipping bows and crossbows has been increased.
- The Sturdy Iron Key now has a unique icon so that it can't be easily confused with other keys.
- 2000/11 - Shard of the Herald - Players defeat the Dericost army commanders gaining access to Kelderam's Path and the Shard of the Herald where battles then ensue between players who want to protect the shard and those who want to destroy it. In the end, the defenders fail and the shard is destroyed on all servers.
- The Herald is come.
- The children of Ispar have lost...
- The currents coursing through the ley lines flare and sputter in dismay. A tremor passes through the ground, as if the world itself were recoiling in horror. For a moment, all is still. The wind holds its breath. Then, on the back of a rising gale, there comes the faint sound of black laughter.
- In the depths below the ruined Cathedral of Ithaenc, Vidorian's party make the grievous error of shattering the last Soul Crystal! The patterns of magic are rent asunder.
- Jersen the Jolly Barkeep
- Kaza Nijina the Archmage
- Lin Hanza the Bowyer
- Natalie the Scribe
- Provisioner Warster the Handy
- Weaponsmith Bornak the Crookblade
- MacNiall the Unruled
- Onda Nakoza
- Vanten the Archmage
- Kamira Mohonoko the Provisioner
- Barkeep Brita the Boisterous
- Jeweler Imad Nedjim
- The History of Kryst
- Natalie the Scribe
- Healer Sanami Siohiro
- Zenzaburou Hensu
- Weaponsmith Illic Ibn'Abulfiq
- Armorer Padira Yukinara
- Sharon the Skilled, Bowyer
- Rumuba the Mosswart
- 43.6S, 83.0W - Empyrean Ruins
- 51.7S, 71.0W - Lifestone
- 6.3N, 89.7W - Nomad Tower & Lifestone
- 72.1S, 72.2W - Empyrean Stone Bunker
- 74.1S, 52.4W - Lifestone & Portals
- North Direlands Valley Junction
- Direlands Northwest Shore Portal
- Direlands Southeast Shore Portal
- Direlands Southwest Shore Portal
- Direlands North Landbridge Portal
- Direlands South Landbridge Portal
- Direlands Valleys Portal
- Desert Northern Edge Portal
- Vesayen Isles Portal
- The Lee Side of the Mountain
- South Osteth Peak Portal
- The Old Keep Portal
- More Monster Camps added to Dereth
- Avalelle Island
- Ithaenc Island
- Laesvos Island
- MacNiall's Island
- Miremdae Island
- Savao Island
- Thesalene Island
- Northeastern Lifestone - 68.6S, 94.9E
- Nearest Kryst Lifestone - 78.2S, 85.3E
- Adja's Memorial - 82.5S 93.4E
- Catacombs of Ithaenc - 82.4S, 93.4E
- Jungle Shadows (New Sub) - 69.4S, 94.5E
- Idol Spawning Grounds - 72.3S, 87.5E
- Moars (Dungeon) - 70.2S, 93.1E
- Moars Laboratory - 68.3S, 94.4E
- Moarsmen Hideout - 69.9S, 89.9E
- Moarsman Muck - 77.0S, 90.9E
- Moarsmen Spawning Grounds
- A Mosswart Hideout - 72.7S, 90.7E
- Mosswart Nest - 77.6S, 87.9E
- Mud Cave
- Rumuba's Hidey-Hole - 75.9 S, 89.2E
- Slithis Pit
- Small Ruin - 70.1S, 91.1E
- Small Temple
- Treacherous Tunnels - 70.2S, 93.1E and 75.0S, 90.3E
Points of Interest
- 69.7S, 91.4E - Mosswart Temple
- 69.5S, 92.6E - Obsidian Golems
- 72.8S, 97.6E - Undead Skytower
- 77.9S 85.0E - Jungle Wasp Tower
- Camp of the Latzimestal
- Ithaenc Cathedral - 82.5S, 93.4E
- Eastham Beach Portal
- Mayoi Beach Portal - 79.2S, 96.9E
- Perimeter Portal - 83.1S, 93.2E
- 43.6S, 83.0W - Empyrean Ruins - Lifestone added
- A Ruin (Holtburg) - Updated with Banderling Scouts
- Grievous Vault - Upper level restriction removed (was level 10-30).
- Old Keep - Sturdy Iron Chest added and creature spawns changed. Portals have also been added so players no longer have to jump to and from the tower and risk dying from the fall.
|Shard of the Herald (Live Event)|
|Split Silver Key (Rear)||Split Silver Key (Middle)||Split Silver Key (Front)|
|Silver Key (Kelderam's Path)||Kelderam's Tomb||Kelderam's Path|
|Corroded Platinum Key||Treasury of the Order|
|Anadil of Shakrassekor|
|Campaign Journal||Staff of the Nomads (Retired)|
|Asmolum the Worm|
|Ancient Key||Asmolum's Throwing Daggers||Damp Scroll|
|The Healer's Heart Quest|
|Mistress' Chest||The Healer's Heart|
|Scroll of Sanctuary Recall||Alaidain's Gem|
|Tear-Stained Parchment||Translated Letter (Tear-Stained Parchment)|
|Rumuba's Jade Spear Quest|
|Rumuba Rumor||Idol Gem||Rumuba's Jade Spearhead||Rumuba's Jade Spear|
|Hoory Mattekar Robe||Bludgeoning Sword (Retired)|
|Water of Ithaenc|
|Adja's Well||Well Bucket||Water of Ithaenc|
|Island Armoredillo Spine||Fine Spine Axe|
|Sturdy Armoredillo Hide||Fine Armoredillo Hide Shirt|
|Jungle Phyntos Wasp Wing|
|The History of Kryst||Mosswart Feud Rumor||Sir Martine's Journal|
- Crystal Vestibule Items
- All items reduced in burden.
- Fenmalain rewards reduced in value from 5,000 to 1,000.
- Caulnalain rewards reduced in value from 10,000 to 2,000.
- Shendolain rewards reduced in value from 20,000 to 4,000.
- All quests key are no longer Attuned.
- Heaume - Updated with an improved version of the original "cheese grater" style and new icon
- Sturdy Iron Key - New icon
Click image for full size version.