From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
July 2008 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Beware! There is word that powerful patriarchs of those debased Falatacot are loose in the land."
- Town Crier tells you, "The outposts at Redspire and Eastwatch report increased activity around the Moarsman keeps. Servants of the crown should endeavor to help now."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard that various nodes, or crossroads of magical energy, have been tainted by some ancient Derethian demon. Even one on our own Halaetan Islands. Seek out a surveyor employed by the Bloodless queen in the town of Ayan Baqur."
- Town Crier tells you, "Well, it seems that the Drudge invasions of Cragstone have finally ended. A pity."
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh ho! So the Bloodless of Cragstone have finally put down the Drudge invasions of their pathetic cow town! I suppose they are to be congratulated for defeating such a terribly tough foe."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that there's a dirty Bloodless pirate in Tou-Tou waiting around for any information about the Moarsmen. Maybe you can pawn something you find in those lairs off on him."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard reports that patriarchs of the ancient Falatacot are abroad in the realm, raiding towns at the head of a host of their Blighted minions."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard that the six tainted nodes around Dereth are under assault by an ancient force of corruption, and have even tainted some of the creatures that live near each node. In this case, it may be prudent to help the Bloodless queen and the wizard Asheron in their defense of the realm. Seek out a surveyor named Laedron the Geomancer in Ayan Baqur."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the Blight tainting those six geomantic nodes around Dereth? There is a surveyor in Ayan Baqur who knows more."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors are that some Falatacot patriarchs are running amok."
- Town Crier tells you, "There's been a lot of movement around the keeps of the Moarsmen. I think something's happened."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the Drudge invasion around Cragstone is finally settling down."
- Town Crier tells you, "Now it seems that some of the Moarsman raids upon our lands are being led by vile Falatacot patriarchs. Isn't that odd? I thought the Falatacot were ruled by matriarchs..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Royal geomancers report that six nodes around Dereth have been tainted with T'thuun's blight! Creatures on landscape around each node have been tainted, as well. There is a geomancer named Laedron in Ayan Baqur who knows more."
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts confirm! Drudges around Cragstone have stopped their invasions of the town, and have pulled back to defend their gains."
- Town Crier tells you, "You know who has a lot of interest in the Blighted Moarsmen? There's an old ex-mariner named Captain Warner who lives in Tou-Tou. If you find out information about the Moarsmen, he's as good a choice as any to take a look at what you find."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Falatacot Patriarchs? I think you got that wrong, kid. There's no such thing as a Falatacot Patriarch. No, seriously, pull the other one, it's got bells on."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So what made the Drudges stop raiding Cragstone? I'll tell you. They finally got the last barrel of ale out of there. Cheeky little drunkards. I can't stand a drunk. I hate the competition."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ugh! I hope there aren't any Moarsman raids on this town. The smell of them alone is enough to curdle my beer."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yes yes, Asheron planted some Blight-filtering pyramids at each of the threatened nodes and is protecting the realm... How boring! Wake me when he's perfected his distillery."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know, I really should do something about that keep down on the beach... later."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I could have stopped the Drudge raids on Cragstone months ago, if only I'd known! It turns out they were there looking for some of my good luck charms. You know how superstitious Drudges can be. But then... oh, never mind."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Inkitan? Ves? Siabot? How do those cultists get their names - from bowls of alphabet soup?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Okay, okay, I'll fess up, there is such a thing as Falatacot patriarchs. It just means something really strange is going on with those awful awful creatures. Like they're having some kind of leadership crisis. If only they had accepted my leadership when they had the chance, but no, they decided to go off and worship some tentacles in the swamp."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Blighted Pyreal Golems on Aerlinthe are some pretty fierce creatures, but they've got nothing on the legendary Blighted Penguins! What? You say there aren't any Blighted Penguins? Well then how did the little buggers get so rude in the first place?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yes, I've heard about the infestation of Blighted creatures in various regions. Blighted Golems on Aerlinthe, and Armoredillos in the frozen north... The worst is the Blight that struck the fields where the local brewer's barley and hops are grown."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The beer's just gotten darker and more bitter, with a distressing tendency to burn through the bottom of the mug. Gives me heartburn something fierce! Still, it's beer..."
- Drudge Plan - The Drudges have stopped raiding Cragstone and the cloth scrap dropping Drudges are now found around the fort.
- The pyramid pulses with light as it absorbs the Blight Crystal.
- The pyramid goes dark, and then seems to vaporize in a column of mist. The ground trembles, and a minion of T'thuun steps forth from the fog...
- A small hoard of blighted moarsmen is attacking a beach fort! Help is requested!
- Aerlinthe Node Golem
- A'mun Node Golem
- Linvak Node Golem
- Esper Node Golem
- Halaetan Node Golem - 93.8N, 67.4W
- Obsidian Node Golem
- Captain Warner - 28.0S 95.5E in Tou-Tou
- Laedron the Geomancer - 59.9S 88.0W in Ayan Baqur
- Blighted Rank Moarsman Tunnels - 15+ - 40.7N 86.5W near Redspire
- Blighted Disgusting Moarsman Tunnels - 35+ - 28.9S 92.6E near Tou-Tou
- Blighted Putrid Moarsman Tunnels - 55+ - 22.5N 30.4W near Danby's Outpost
- Blighted Desolation Moarsman Tunnels - 75+ - 75.1N 49.7W near Beach Fort
- Blighted Grimy Moarsman Tunnels - 95+ - 60.9S 89.8W near Ayan Baqur
- Blighted Verdant Moarsman Tunnels - 125+ - 90.7N, 43.0W near Eastwatch
Points of Interest
- Aerlinthe Node Pyramid: 84.1N 44.1E
- A'mun Node Pyramid: 38.2S 12.0E
- Halaetan Node Pyramid: 93.8N 67.4W
- Linvak Node Pyramid: 64.8S 59.3E
- Esper Node Pyramid: 62.0N 18.0E
- Obsidian Node Pyramid: 68.0S 62.2W
|8/21/08 - Nivinizk T'thuunixis (Live Event)|
|Blighted Moarsmen Scale||Nivinzk's Sacrificial Dagger|
|2008/07 - T'thuun Tainted Ley Lines (Live Event)|
|Head of Aerlinthe Minion||Head of A'mun Minion||Head of Esper Minion|
|Head of Halaetan Minion||Head of Linvak Minion||Head of Obsidian Minion|
|2008/08 - Blighted Moarsmen Raids (Live Event)|
|Blighted Moarsmen Scale|
|Tainted Ley Line Nodes|
|A Field Guide to Tainted Nodes||Blighted Mana Crystal|
- Novice of the Sea
- Acolyte of the Sea
- Minister of the Sea
- Defender of the Sea
- Champion of the Sea
- Master of the Sea
- Champion of the Aerlinthe Node
- Champion of the A'mun Node
- Champion of the Esper Node
- Champion of the Halaetan Node
- Champion of the Linvak Node
- Champion of the Obsidian Node
- Defeater of the Blight
Click image for full size version.
- Several servers experienced node resetting at various times (back to zero handed in). On Aug 5th all nodes were set to the three-quarters mark (750).
- At the moarsman fort near danby's outpost, the ramp on the right hand side @ 22.6N, 30.5W, is "hollow" and cannot be walked up without jumping.