Seeds of Corruption
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
October 2008 - Patch Announcements
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Another festival season, another offering from Dereth's mask makers... I wonder what the fashion will be this year?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Festival season is upon us! The leaves are turning, the weather is cooling, and of course the pumpkins have taken over Glenden Wood."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The proprietors of the casinos have opened up a new gaming den! Go to Sanamar to see the exciting new game!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The six ley line pyramids that Asheron cleansed are active again! More powerful monsters found, new rewards offered by Asheron! Go visit the six sites to see!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The young Deru trees of Marae Lassel are under attack by some infestation sent by T'thuun!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Those vile patriarchs that T'thuun raised up are scouring all Dereth for mysterious objects."
- Town Crier tells you, "Dereth's mask makers have rolled out their new designs, and they are quite impressive! Be on the alert for snake hides, they can be made into particularly impressive trophies..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Happy festival season! Enjoy the treats from the festival merchants, and enjoy the anniversary celebration!"
- Town Crier tells you, "It's true, the three young Deru trees of Marae Lassel are in a precarious state, being threatened by the demon T'thuun's corrupting touch. Dire consequences for us all if they were to be engulfed. Seek out Aun Kimintari in Timaru if you can help."
- Town Crier tells you, "Not only are Pristine Mana Shards more common in wilderness hunting now, but also the keys you could get from trading them in now open a wider range of chests."
- Town Crier tells you, "That's right, there are more powerful creatures hidden in lairs underneath those pyramids. Asheron has established a gatestone at each that allows adventurers into the hidden lairs, but beware! It is not an easily repeated passage."
- Town Crier tells you, "Visit the pyramids in the Halaetan Islands, A'mun Desert, Linvak Mountains, Esper Mountains, Obsidian Plain, or Aerlinthe Island to see."
- Town Crier tells you, "T'thuun's Patriarchs are raiding all over Dereth! Have you seen them and their awful minions here yet? There must be some method to their madness..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Deru trees of Marae Lassel are under attack, eh? I sure hope they don't wither and die. That's where I keep all my stuff!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Patriarchs? Where? Don't try and scare me like that, kid. Yeah, their raids are pretty scary. I'm afraid they may be after my secret stash of stout. No, wait, I don't have a secret stash, because I drink it all as it comes in. But if I did have one, I'd be pretty afraid of the Patriarchs taking it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Something even juicier's been lurking underneath those six ley node pyramids, eh? Fascinating... I could have cleaned those tunnels out, if there had been enough stout in it for me. Blighted Mana shards aren't really what gets me going."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Everybody's on the hunt for those Pristine Mana Shards! I haven't had the heart to tell anyone that I found a great big chest full of those things on my last visit to Vissidal Island."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I had no idea that they were needed for these mana forge contraptions so I just gave them to my little Merwart friends, who like to bash them into powder and sprinkle them on food. I think it keeps their teeth and coats shiny... Or was I thinking of something else?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seen the masks from this festival season? Scary! Intimidating! They'll haunt my dreams! While I'm sober, that is."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That was a hint to get me some stout, kid."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Does it strike you as unseemly that Asheron has given over all the node-cleansing work at those six pyramids to we frail humans? I thought that was his specialty, defeating archdemons with the power of the light and whatnot. I think Asheron's getting lazy in his old age."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Fall has come! See the leaves turn, see the pumpkins sprout around Glenden Wood, see the kids wandering past on their way to the disco... Eh, what was that?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Happy ninth anniversary! Ninth anniversary of what? You can't mean that. The ninth anniversary of my presence on this benighted island, of course. And, you know, humanity's freedom from Olthoi enslavement and things like that."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I do love the turn of the seasons. Cider's particularly tempting this time of year. And if I were the sort of sot who drank cider, I'd be particularly tempted to have some. Bring me more stout!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I saw Claude wander past the other day, wearing one of those new masks. Seeing that disembodied snake head dangling above the floating, cloaked void of a Virindi body is almost enough to put one off the drink. Almost."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, a cool mug of delicious stout, how kind of you..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hey, there was a Pristine Mana Shard in here! What luck!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No, of course I was kidding. There wasn't any Pristine Mana Shard in my stout, that would just be unbelievable. Actually it was a whole Mana Forge Key."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, the Deru Trees this, and the Deru Trees that. Dang Deru Trees, always fainting and wilting as soon as a ravening archdemon with acid for blood and a heart full of rot starts gnawing on their roots... what a bunch of nervous nellies!"
- Weeding of the Deru Tree - Repeat reward reduced from 5 shards to a single shard.
- Asheron's Investigator - 17.6N 63.5E in Eastham
- Aun Kimintari - 44.2N 78.1W in Timaru
- Royal Scout (T'Thuun's Marauders)
- Spark of Minik Ra's Raid Commander
- Spark of Nivinizk's Raid Commander
- Citizens of Al-Jalima disguised in undead costumes
- Festival Vendor - 29.8N 27.3E in Glenden Wood
- Majestic Pumpkin - 30.7N 27.8E in Glenden Wood
- Pumpkin Buffer - Glenden Wood, Holtburg, Sanamar, Shoushi, Yaraq
- Trevor Shunderson - Al-Jalima
- Ungrim the Unpleasant Smelling - Glenden Wood bar.
- Night Club Attendants can be found in Cragstone, Hebian-To, Zaikhal and Sanamar near the statues.
- Al-Jalima is infested with undead again. Citizens of the town have equipped their undead guises to hide from the invaders.
- Glenden Wood is decorated for the festival season. The Festival Vendor, Majestic Pumpkin, Pumpkin Buffer, and Ungrim the Unpleasant Smelling are back in town.
- The Night Club opened on Nov. 2nd. Night Club Attendants can be found in Cragstone, Hebian-To, Zaikhal and Sanamar near the statues. A new edition of the Night Club Shirt is available.
Nodes now have a Gatestone that will transport you to a Blight Lord's Lair when given 20 Blighted Mana Crystals.
- Aerlinthe Node Pyramid: 84.1N 44.1E
- A'mun Node Pyramid: 38.2S 12.0E
- Halaetan Node Pyramid: 93.8N 67.4W
- Linvak Node Pyramid: 64.8S 59.3E
- Esper Node Pyramid: 62.0N 18.0E
- Obsidian Node Pyramid: 68.0S 62.2W
At the Moarsmen City there are now new spawns surrounding the Temple of T'thuun. The new spawns consist of Afessa Sclavus Soldiers, Moarsman Priors, Illu Sclavus, Sishalti Tentacles, and Blighted Moarsmen.
Also the spawn density all around the Moarsman City has been increased. The usual spawn now has about 4-5 Moarsmen rather than 2 like before the patch. The Moarsmen still don't drop regular loot but they do drop Pristine Shards at an increased rate.
|9th Anniversary Night Club|
|9th Anniversary Night Club Ticket||Night Club Shirt (2008)|
|Guardian of the Deru Trees of Marae Lassel|
|Pool of Goo||Royal Olthoi Jelly||Large Corrupted Mana Shard||Wharu Fetish|
|Altar of T'thuun|
|Masks and Guises|
|Armored Sclavus Head||Armored Sclavus Mask (Black)||Armored Sclavus Mask (Gold)||Armored Sclavus Mask (Teal)|
- Life VII Vuln spells:
- Inscription of Bludgeoning Protection Self
- Inscription of Acid Protection Self
- Inscription of Fire Protection Self
- Inscription of Cold Protection Self
- Inscription of Lightning Protection Self
- Inscription of Blade Protection Self
- Inscription of Piercing Protection Self
T'Thuun's Marauders Quest:
Title Location Task Minik Ra's Bane Arwic Kill Raid Commander Arwician Arwic Invoking Stones: 30 Arwic Noble Arwic Invoking Stones: 90 Asheron's Militia Asheron's Island Invoking Stones: 30 Hilltop Defender Asheron's Island Invoking Stones: 90 Kazyk Ri's Bane Ayan Kill Raid Commander Desert Warrior Ayan Invoking Stones: 30 Zharalim Ayan Invoking Stones: 90 Thane of Colier Colier Invoking Stones: 30 Colier Miner Colier Invoking Stones: 90 Guardian of the Keep Candeth Keep Invoking Stones: 30 Legionnaire Candeth Keep Invoking Stones: 90 Hero of Woe Isle of Tears Invoking Stones: 30 Warrior of Woe Isle of Tears Invoking Stones: 90 Nivinizk's Bane Mayoi Kill Raid Commander Mayoi Protector Mayoi Invoking Stones: 30 Samurai Mayoi Invoking Stones: 90 Memorial Champion Midsong Festival Stone Invoking Stones: 30 Champion Immemorial Midsong Festival Stone Invoking Stones: 90 Warrior of the Crater Lake Mount Esper Invoking Stones: 30 Volcanologist Mount Esper Invoking Stones: 90 Defender of Silyun Silyun Invoking Stones: 30 Has way too much time Silyun Invoking Stones: 90 Archaeologist South Osteth Invoking Stones: 30 Rock Hound South Osteth Invoking Stones: 90 Tough Tough Tou-Tou Lighthouse Invoking Stones: 30 Rock Star Tou-Tou Lighthouse Invoking Stones: 90 Guardian in the Patriarch Raids Various Kill 50 each of Falatacot, Moarsman and Sclavus Marauders. Warden in the Patriarch Raids Various Kill 50 each of Falatacot, Moarsman and Sclavus Raiders. Marked by the Patriarchs Various Kill Inquisitor/Champion. Hero of the Patriarch Raids Various Kill all three Raid Commanders. Stone Collector Various Turn in 30 stones from all 12 raid locations.
- Cathedrals Champion - turn in 90 tones from all 12 raid locations?
- Mink Ra's Nemesis
- Kazyk Ri's Nemesis
- Nivinizk's Nemesis
Click image for full size version.
- Many of the Pumpkin Candies are overridden by VIII spells (for example Caramel Kukuur which adds 100 Melee Defense is overridden by Incantation of Melee Defense (+45).)
- While one Beer override bug was fixed (Zongo's Strength), Focus and Coordination continue to be bugged. Similar problem exist with the glacial speed orb (and paralyzing fear from the virindi implant), which is overriden by the incantation of leaden feet.
- More changes were made to the Pumpkin Candies. NoWorries explains in a post:
- People are still reporting low melee damage to the Afessa Sclavus Soldiers and Sclavus Acolyte of T'thuun, which was supposedly fixed this patch.
- Monster Fights, which were originally delayed from last month to this month, are delayed again:
- Armored Sclavus Head - "The severed head of a Sclavus, with the Sclavus'es [sic] helm still attached."
- Festival Shirt - "Please, wear this shirt. It's [sic] horrible arcane script..."
- T'Thuun's Marauders - Royal Scout tells you, "I don't know why your [sic] bothering to fight creatures so far below your level, but here you go."