Reign of Terror
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
October 2003 - Announcents Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Some olthoi hunters claim to have seen lugians moving through the mountains that border the Olthoi infested North."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear what happened at the last council meeting? Someone tried to assassinate High Queen Elysa!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen the new masks that the mask makers have crafted? I think that they have outdone themselves this time."
- Town Crier tells you, "No one knows who it was that stabbed Elysa. Asheron hasn't been seen outside of his tower. Antius hasn't left Elysa's side since the attempt on her life... The only person that seems to be willing to lead us is Nuhmudira."
- Town Crier tells you, "The townsfolk of Zaikhal have been talking about increased visits from Nuhmudira recently."
- Town Crier tells you, "A traveler along the western shore of the Direlands reported seeing cowled figures chanting at the crest of a building that peaked out of the water. From what I hear they were undead... but nothing like we have ever seen."
- Town Crier tells you, "The leader of the town criers left, fortunately one of the old leaders came back to take their place."
- Town Crier tells you, "With all the Olthoi around, I hadn't notice the increased undead activity in the Direlands. I?ve never seen those undead before, have you?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Who is this undead mechanic I've been hearing about? I hear he lives on Marae Lassel, perhaps someone should find out some more about him."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen her! 30 feet tall, three heads...magical powers, she breathes fire, lightning, frost and acid! She devours her own young and lives in a pool of sweltering acid...at least that's what I've heard about the Olthoi Queen."
- Town Crier tells you, "Nuhmudira has pledged to bring an end to the Olthoi Queen, I believe she can. She's much more powerful than Elysa!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm not surprised that Asheron is cowering away in his tower. I agree with Nuhmudira, we're always doing his dirty work!"
- Town Crier tells you, "An explorer reported seeing Renegades carving a path in the mountain shortcut. Why don't they just go take that island from the tuskers?"
- Town Crier tells you, "An ancient structure crested through the surface of the water along the western shore of the Direlands. I've heard that some travelers believe it is the top to a much larger structure that lies beneath the sea."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that the Renegades have been having trouble with the Olthoi too. Maybe the Olthoi aren't so bad after all... oh, never mind."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you know that they moved us to a new pay schedule? We only get paid once a month, and only on the first day of the month. But I'm expected to be at my post the same amount of hours... Oh sure the town crier is here for you, but where's the love for us, huh?"
- Town Crier tells you, "So I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't left this spot in nearly four years. Yeah it's a tough life, standing here all day. Sure... sometimes people are nice enough to give me Shackles of Obedience. But I was wondering... Need a patron?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Gotrok lugians seem to be moving toward the north, and the borders of the Olthoi North."
- Town Crier tells you, "The wound that struck High Queen Elysa down nearly killed her. But the blow was laden with some mysterious poison, one that attacked not only her physical being, but her spirit also. If she had died she may have been gone forever. Good riddance, I say!"
No new messages this month.
- Nuhmudira tells you, "The Olthoi Queen is calling her children to the landscape once again. We will not lose ground in this battle. We must drive them back underground."
- Nuhmudira clenches her fist.
- Nuhmudira tells you, "I cannot waste the final poison on this task, so I rely on you to find a means for spreading the lesser poisons we have collected. If we can find a substance that will attract her brood to the poison I believe it will kill them -- or at the very least drive them from the surface once and for all."
- Nuhmudira tells you, "Spread out and search for this substance. I have many things to attend to, and must concentrate on the greater battle to come."
- Heritage Masks - 4th tier of masks added.
- Cydna Wren - 4.9N, 23.8E near Samsur
- Darhy, Assistant to Nuhmudira - 13.2N 0.8E in Zaikhal
- Hiyp the Toad - 33.4N, 56.7E in Arwic
- Gerent of the Singularity (replaced with Representative of the Singularity)
- Representative of the Singularity - 87.2S, 17.5W in Gerent's Compound
- Sergeant Maloth - 44.1N, 51.8E in the Renegade Garrison
- Undead Mechanic - 42.1N, 79.0W on Marae Lassel
- Diyas al-Yat - Now exchanges broken Virindi masks for repaired ones.
- Aerbax's Holding - 62.4S, 71.1W
- Ancient Temple - 33.0S, 88.0W
- Crystal Mine - 49.3S, 17.9E
- Gerent's Compound - 87.2S, 17.5W
- Lair of the Ancient Queen - 13.2N, 0.8E
- Renegade Camp - 17.1N, 4.8W
- Renegade Garrison - 44.1N, 51.8E
- Gharu'ndim Outpost - Merchants and livestock killed by the Renegades.
- Bone Lair - Alloy Instrument quest item added.
- Crater Caves - Creatures updated and Alloy Fan quest item added.
- Crypt of Ashen Tears - Creatures updated and Alloy Mechanism quest item added.
- Dungeon Nye - Creatures updated and Alloy Dynamo quest item added.
- Dungeon of Tatters - Creatures updated and Alloy Cylinder quest item added.
- Empyrean Garrison - Level 1-9 restriction removed and Alloy Apparatus quest item added.
- Enkindled Souls - Level 8+ requirement removed, creatures updated and Alloy Utensil quest item added.
- Filos' Doom - Level 3+ requirement removed and Alloy Device quest item added.
- Glenden Wood Dungeon - Level 5+ requirement removed and updated with new creatures.
- Inner Dungeon - Creatures updated and Alloy Motor quest item added.
- Lost Garden Ruins - Creatures updated and Alloy Engine quest item added.
- Mountain Keep - Level 10+ requirement removed, creatures updated and Alloy Sprocket quest item added.
- Mount Naipenset - Level 15+ requirement removed, creatures updated and Alloy Generator quest item added.
- Nuhmudira's Dungeon
- Old Mine - Creatures updated and Alloy Piston quest item added.
- Phyntos Menace - Creatures updated and Alloy Turbine quest item added.
- Saadia's Retreat - Level 8+ requirement removed, creatures updated and Alloy Implement quest item added.
- Small Icecave - Creatures updated and Alloy Pinion quest item added.
- Smugglers Hideaway - Level 8+ requirement removed, creatures updated and Alloy Contrivance quest item added.
- Thieves' Den - Level 8+ requirement removed, creatures updated and Alloy Cogwheel quest item added.
- Tomb of the Dead - Creatures updated and Alloy Contraption quest item added.
- Hills Citadel - Level 20-40 requirement removed
- Ridge Citadel - Level 40-60 requirement removed
- Wilderness Citadel - Level 40-60 requirement removed
- Mountain Citadel - Level 60-80 requirement removed
- Desert Citadel - Level 60-80 requirement removed
|Heritage Masks (Tier 4)|
|Broken Virindi Observer Mask||Broken Virindi Consul Mask||Virindi Consul Mask|
|Alfric's Bull||The Poet's Mask||Koji's Visage|
|Preparation for the Ritus|
|Magically Sealed Dais||Unknown Script||Energy Crystal||Bracelet of Dark Essence|
|Living Tome||Arrangement||Energy Crystal (Retired)||Nuhmudira's Bracelet|
|Renegade Mace Quest|
|Renegade's Pack||Travel Log||Auroch Horn (Renegade Camp)||Auroch Skull (Renegade Camp)|
|Letter to General Garsh||Smelly Olthoi Gland||Olthoi Chitin||Renegade Pendant|
|Pool of Goo||Royal Olthoi Jelly||Renegade Mace|
- Platemail Hauberk (Retired) - Changed from silver to purple.
- Portal Gems - Icons updated, see portal.dat below
- Virindi Inquisitor's Mask
- AL increased from 140 to 200.
- Armor Self IV and Invulnerability Self IV both updated to level V.
- Impenetrability III added.
- Arcane Lore req. 180 lowered to 160.
- Virindi Profatrix Mask
- AL increased from 160 to 220.
- Armor Self V and Invulnerability Self V both updated to level VI.
- Writ of Refuge - Now stackable. Lore removed and is now found in the Writ of Refuge Text.
- Olthoi Armor - Now dyes correctly
- Scarecrows and Bats return for Halloween.
Click image for full size version.