From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
January 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Allegiance Experience Follow-Up
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Are you able to recall to the Singularity Caul? If you are, you might consider yourself lucky. I've heard that the island has become much more deadly. What can it all mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you been to the island that the Virindi invaded a few years back? No? Well from everything that I have been hearing, the Virindi have fled, and something else has taken their place. Something...not very nice."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'll never get to that island in the southwest now. Why do I have to stand here and never hunt?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm thinking that the island in the southwest is a diversion or something. But don't quote me on that. I've been parked here for over four years, and though I may talk about taking myself out into the wilderness to hunt, I think that we all know that I am more suited toward the art of talking more than fighting."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that a great warrior lost his way in the wilderness. I've also heard tell that he found his way again. It's said that his journey began in a place that bore two names."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that an enigmatic sage has moved onto a mountaintop outside of Kara. I wonder if there is any truth to it?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that Ecorto has been a little more talkative than usual."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that the Virindi have reinforced their hold on the dungeon that leads to the Singularity Caul. Why would they do that?"
- Town Crier tells you, "If you're looking for the bracelet that Nuhmudira needed while trying to face down the Olthoi Queen, don't bother with the Singularity Caul. I've been told that the portal is now located on the Obsidian Plains. What caused that to happen?"
- Town Crier Tells You " It Blew up! Huge columns of smoke blew into the sky and dropped hot ash from miles around....and....Okay...It didn't really "Blow Up" it just kind of Imploded"
- Town Crier tells you, "It sat beneath the cover of brush. Stone still, until I approached, then it lunged at me, screaming and taunting me! I nearly died! What was it, you ask? I'm not certain, but it was terrifying!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My little sister tells me that on her recent travels through the Shoushi she ran across several encampments of creatures guarding runed chests. I wonder what's going on?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My brother said he was standing on the coast south of Ayan Baqur when a bright flash of light rose from the horizon followed by a billowing black cloud. He wasn't close enough to be harmed by it, but I wonder what occurred in the ocean down there."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors are pouring in the the Singularity Caul has been transformed. If the things that I have been hearing are true, portals disappeared and reappeared here on Dereth, the Virindi have shored up the access way with much stronger residents...but...they fled the island. Are they trying to keep whatever is there hidden?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The undead seem to be armoring up. For as old as it is, their armor appears to have held remarkably well through the ages."
- Town Crier tells you, "They say in the Sho city that's rumored to have been an Aluvian settlement a great warrior removed his armor and left to find himself again."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yes, it's true. We saved all of those pyreals that you've been handing to us for years and we finally had enough to buy ourselves a little slice of the world. Now we just need to get more people to take notice. Think you can give us a hand?"
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- The Singularity Caul has been revised and now has new locations, creatures and trophies! See the Rollout Article for more details.
- Shoushi and its surrounding content has also seen some revisions.
- Fellowship XP across distances, and between dungeons, has been adjusted. See the Rollout Article for details.
- New allegiance chat channel added that lets you chat with everyone in your allegiance.
- /a - chat to your allegiance
- /filter-allegiance - turns Allegiance Chat off
- /unfilter-allegiance - turns Allegiance Chat back on
- You can now change the color of Sharded Greater Shadow Armor using special dye pots.
- Caul Recall - Dungeon moved, spawns updated, and new ring rewards.
- Green Mire Grave Quest - Items updated.
- Han Rin-Jo, Jojii Adherent - 28.0S 95.5E in Tou-Tou
- Honshu Takeda - 77.7S 59.2E
- Ikomi Ra, Jojii Adherent - 49.1S 81.7E near Nanto
- Jalina al-Hajj - 31.1S, 13.9E in Al-Arqas
- Miko Li, Jojii Adherent - 83.3S 47.2E in Kara
- Samuel, Former Guardian - 17.7N 63.1E in Eastham
- Starter Quest NPCs and and some others found in towns no longer collect monster trophies. For example: Lou Ka in Shoushi no longer collects Drudge charms and Phyntos Wasp wings.
- Dragon's Power - 82.3S 41.4E
- Firebird's Splendor - 53.6S 66.7E
- Unicorn's Grace - 38.0S 60.2E
- Singularity Caul
- 91.4S, 93.2W - Empyrean Temple Ruin
- 94.0S, 91.8W - Advocate Spire Bridge
- 99.1S, 93.5W - Empyrean Ruins
- 99.4S, 97.6W - Floating Spires
- 93.2S, 99.9W - Defunct Lifestone
- 96.8S, 98.7W - Empyrean Ruins
- 89.5S, 95.8W - Burned Out Light House
- 89.8S, 96.6W - Empyrean Temple Ruin
- 97.1S, 96.5W - Empyrean Stone Tower
- 91.4S, 96.5W - Empyrean Ruins
- 90.6S, 97.5W - Statue of Bael'Zharon
- 92.5S, 97.9W - Statue of Bael'Zharon
- 97.4S, 93.0W - Empyrean Temple Ruin
- 96.8S, 93.4W - Double Statue of Bael'Zharon
- 98.2S, 91.4W - Floating Spire
- 94.9S, 91.3W - Statue of Bael'Zharon
- 92.4S, 90.6W - Empyrean Ruins
- 94.6S, 90.1W - Empyrean Ruins
- 94.4S, 94.6W - Empyrean Stone Towers
- 94.7S, 94.3W - Statue of Bael'Zharon
- Singularity Caul - The island has undergone radical changes in terrain, creatures, and dungeons.
- Caul Asylum coordinates changed to 94.8S 91.1W and the level req changed from 60 to 90+.
- Caul Athenaeum
- Caul Sanatorium
- Aerbax's Holding - Moved from Caul to the west Obsidian Plains at 62.2S 71.2W near a fallen shadow spire, otherwise the same.
- The Virindi Shroud exit portal no longer drops on Caul and instead drops in Zaikhal by Ecorto the Lost Director.
- Singularity Bore - Spawns upgraded significantly.
- Shoushi Area Updates
- Lifestone added to middle of town and Shoushi portals now drop at the LS instead of outside town.
- Dungeon Muddy - creature updated.
- Fort Aimaru - creatures updated. Runed Chest added.
- Fycheck Outpost updated - Lugians added, lifestone moved. Runed Chest added.
- Fycheck Ruins updated - creatures upgraded. Runed Chest added.
- Golem Cave - creatures updated.
- 25.3S, 74.4E - Mosswart Bunker - Creatures updated. Runed Chest added.
- Mosswart Platform updated - mosswarts added. Runed Chest added.
- 34.5S, 68.3E - Shreth Cave -
- 38.5S, 70.2E - Rat Cave -
The High Queen has deemed that all citizens of Dereth be awarded a pennant!
Make sure that you have free space in your pack and speak to Jalina al-Hajj of Al-Arqas.
|Green Mire Grave Quest Update|
|Personal note||Piece of parchment|
|Sharded Greater Shadow Armor Dye|
|Violet Armor Paint||Blue Armor Paint||Red Armor Paint|
|Small Belt Pouches|
|Small Belt Pouch (Aqua)||Small Belt Pouch (Black)||Small Belt Pouch (Blue)||Small Belt Pouch (Green)|
|Small Belt Pouch (Olive)||Small Belt Pouch (Purple)||Small Belt Pouch (Red)||Small Belt Pouch (Teal)|
|Small Belt Pouch (White)|
- Green Mire Yoroi Cuirass
- Green Mire Yari
- Key (Green Key) - No longer has a use.
- Quintessence Sickle
- Baskets - Now available in all colors:
- Belt Pouches - Now available in all colors:
- Recall to the Singularity Caul (Spell) - Now drops you at 98.0S, 94.7W instead of sending you to the middle of the island.
- No new titles this month.
- Armored Skeletons and Undead now have new armor artwork.
Click image for full size.