From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
May 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
PVP Weapon Changes
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Those creepy little statues that popped up not long ago are hiding even more than they were before. Don't believe me? Go see for yourself."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard something about an assault having to do with Aphus Lassel."
- Town Crier tells you, "Tumerok ambassadors have been seen in Holtburg and Ayan Baqur. They say that they are here to hunt some of the strongest foes that Dereth knows."
- Town Crier tells you, "Apparently there's been some new finds on Marae Lassel. Something about a cavern on the island, or maybe the island is a cavern? I don't really know."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen all the new items that some vendors are carrying? You should really take a look."
- Town Crier tells you, "Renegade activity on the northern outskirts of the Valley of Death has been reported across Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "A lifestone in every town and a portal that takes you there! I'm curious, why did the Lugians help move the allegiance halls so close to town. What's more, what is that odd looking stone in front of them? The High Queen has told us that we'll know the answers very soon."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you noticed that magic seems to have changed again? I'm fairly sure that I can heal more wounds and that spells that weaken me in some way are disappearing faster."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that there are small bands of Mosswarts fleeing the Blackmire, looking for some new home."
- Town Crier tells you, "I think that it was a nice gesture of the High Queen to commission the relocation of portal drops. Now even more people are coming by to visit me."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you happen to be out hunting make sure you pilfer your kills. You never know what you may find out there."
- Town Crier tells you, "Those three Tumerok brothers are rather strange. Who goes out and picks a fight with creatures that are so darned tough? Not me, I'll tell you. Give me a nice safe place like a town and I'm happy."
- Town Crier tells you, "Strange gems are being carried by some creatures. They seem to lead to secret locations that we haven't heard of before. Go figure."
- Town Crier tells you, "You know, I almost feel sorry for the Mosswarts... sure they're a nuisance, but I feel like we should try to help them in some way. These new creatures are much worse!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Okay, you didn't hear this from me. Apparently the Tusker King has been losing control over some of the humans on his island. He's been busy trying to make sure that they don't get free and has begun a new assault against them. Do you think that the tailor there is winning his hidden fight?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm not talking to those creepy little statues, but I've heard that something else has appeared in the place that they guard. Some creepy little thing with wings!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen full fellowships of people casting spells on one another all at once. I can't help but think that being able to use those spells and the other changes to magic are related. But the question is, is the power behind these new benefits benevolent or malignant?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin said that he was out in the Direlands, just north of the Valley of Death, when he saw war machines being rolled across the desert sand. War machines! What does that mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Aun Tumerok have expanded on the weapons that you could craft from their totems before. I heard that one of the Tumeroks left the caverns where you buy the totem weapons. Maybe they had a fight, maybe you should check it out."
- Town Crier tells you, "They say that Asheron went back home. I can't wait to see what he does, now that he's in control of the place."
- You give Ulgrim the Unpleasant Filled Beer Stein.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Not bad, nice beer stein too. It reminds me of that time I was in Dryreach."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I had decided to go on a trip. I was tired of all the the sun and relaxation, you know how it is. Anyway, I traveled around for awhile visiting pubs and inns and ended up in Dryreach, where I was astonished to find a wonderful house brew made by my friend Mordomor."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I decided to spend awhile getting to know the drink better so I went to find the old lifestone NW of town. Yeah, I know there's a new lifestone there, but I didn't know that then. The old lifestone looked broken, but by this time I was heavily in my cups and unconcerned with trivial things."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Now, I'm going to give you a very important bit of information here. Never ever, under ANY circumstances, bind to a lifestone when your drunk. And if you have an old faulty wand. And if it looks like the lifestone's broken... especially if it looks like the lifestone is broken. I remember wondering why the lifestone was sparking like that, then why my wand was sparking like that. Then my wand caught fire, shot from my hand and exploded... then things got weird."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Everything after that is fuzzy, but I remember dying repeatedly. Not something I recommend, but what with all the explosions and electric shocks it seemed like the thing to do. My life flashed before my eyes, at least the part that involved being repeatedly killed and revived by a demented lifestone."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "When I came to I found that the bodies I had left during my reincarnations hadn't died. In fact there were nine copies of myself standing around arguing with each other. I could have sworn that I died more than nine times, but like I said before I was pretty vitae'd up."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've heard of similar lifestone malfunctions before. Usually the duplicate is just a creepy standing corpse of sorts that hasn't forgotten how to breathe. In most cases unbinding from your lifestone will return that corpses lifeforce or vitae back to its owner."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "But to unbind from the lifestone I needed to use the same casting device that I tied to it with. By the time I found one of my wand's splinters in the pocket of my robe I realized the duplicates of me had run off."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It turned out that each of my copies had a splinter from the wand. I was too weak to get them back myself, so I enlisted the help of adventurers. These good people collected all the splinters of my wand and brought them back to me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard many stories about my duplicates and I actually grew kind of fond of some of them. It was with a heavy heart that I recrafted my wand and unbound from the lifestone. I haven't heard of them since then. I guess they're all gone..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'll always remember the time we spent together that spring."
New UI and Game Changes
- A number of new allegiance tools such as Allegiance Officers and allegiance account bans have been added.
- Combat Panel
- The ranged attack slider now has a 40% penalty at maximum speed.
- Part four of the ongoing treasure revisions has been introduced. See the Letter to the Players for details.
- The following features of a number of towns have been revised: Lifestone locations, portal drop locations, Meeting Hall locations, the spells sold by Scriveners, and mundane items sold by vendors.
- Allegiance bindstones can now be found in towns, but are not yet active.
- The icons of imbued weapons now have unique backgrounds.
- Inventory Panel
- The paperdoll in the Inventory Panel has two new slots for your character's pants and shirt.
- Options Panel
- New "Display Timestamps" character option added to the panel.
- Examine Target Panel
- Items that can be dyed or tinkered with Ivory now explicitly state this when they are examined.
- Mud Golem Sludge Lord Kill Task
- Copper Golem Kingpin Kill Task
- Glacial Golem Margrave Kill Task
- Magma Golem Exarch Kill Task
- Coral Golem Viceroy Kill Task
- Platinum Golem Mountain King Kill Task
- Burun Burrow Quest
- Dark Towers
- Drudge Fight
- The Forbidden Catacombs
- Gold Hill Ruins Quest
- Oubliette Quest
- The Painbringer Quest
- First Contact
- Palenqual's Living Weapons
- Now possible to create caster, bow, unnarmed, atlatl, sword and crossbow living weapons.
- Increased damage, modifiers and other values on all weapons.
- Crushing Blow and Biting Strike properties added.
- Arcane Lore and skill restrictions removed and replaced with a 250 base wield req.
- Talismans used to exchange for base weapons and the NPC that accepted have been retired.
- 2004/05 - Burun Raids (Diplomat Title) - Bleeargh appears in various southeastern towns of Osteth and requires help before the Burun attack.
- Aun Golem Hunters
- Bleeargh, Mosswart Swamp Lord
- Guardian of the Forbidden
- Bael'Zharon (Wannabe)
- Burun Burrow
- Dark Towers
- Drudge Fight Arena
- Forbidden Catacombs
- Gold Hill Ruins
- Renegade Fortress
- Renegade Fortress (60+)
- 24.0N, 72.0W - Aun Tahuirea's Camp
- Tusker Assault - creatures updated
- Town Updates:
- The portal drops for many towns have be moved to more convenient locations, similar to the changes that have already been made to Shoushi, Yaraq, and Holtburg.
- Many towns have received more convenient Lifestones.
- Most Meeting Halls have been moved to more convenient locations.
- Distribution of mundane items are now based on the level of the town's surrounding content. The greater the level of the town's surrounding content, the better the items that the vendors will sell.
- Scriveners have been added to several towns. Also, the scriveners in Uziz and Sawato now sell level 4 spells instead of level 5 spells, as the surrounding content is intended for low-level characters.
|2004/05 - Burun Raids (Live Event)|
|Burun Idol||Diplomat Token|
|Mosswart Mourning Stone||Mosswart Thanking Stone (Retired)|
|Mud Golem Sludge Lord Kill Task|
|Tasty Pudding||Mudslinger Title Token|
|Iron Golem Kingpin Kill Task|
|Priceless Ore||Honorary Windreave Title Token|
|Glacial Golem Margrave Kill Task|
|Refreshing Water||Arctic Adventurer Title Token|
|Magma Golem Exarch Kill Task|
|Burning Coal||Hunter Title Token|
|Coral Golem Viceroy Kill Task|
|Coral Fragment||Tracker Title Token|
|Platinum Golem Mountain King Kill Task|
|Platinum Spirits||Platinum Prowler Title Token|
|Tahuirea's Key||Tahuirea's Cache|
|Burun Burrow Quest|
|Mutual Assistance Pact||Candeth Keep Blueprints||A Broken Insignia Ring (Burun Burrow)|
|Corpse of Lugian Courier||Lugian-Forged Key||Sealed Lugian Chest|
|Renegade Insignia Ring|
|Dark Towers (Portal Gem)||Shadow Stone Necklace|
|Drudge Fight Portal Gem||Drudge Championship Belt|
|The Forbidden Catacombs|
|Forbidden Note||Forbidden Key||Forbidden Chest|
|Gold Hill Ruins Quest|
|Gold Hill Ruins (Portal Gem)||Large Golden Coin|
|Philanthropist Title Token||Serpent Ring|
|The Painbringer Quest|
|Rusted Brass Key||Painbringer's Head||Nanner Island Portal Gem|
|Staff of the Painbringer|
|A Cluttered Table||Aerbax's Valley|
|Fortress Construction||Orders to Contact the Burun|
|A Broken Insignia Ring (Renegade Fortress)||Renegade Hauberk|
|Handy Healing Kit||Adept Healing Kit||Gifted Healing Kit|
|Health Philtre||Stamina Philtre||Mana Philtre|
|Health Tonic||Stamina Tonic||Mana Tonic|
|Stamina Brew||Health Tincture||Stamina Tincture|
|Massive Mana Charge||Minor Mana Stone|
|Moderate Mana Stone||Major Mana Stone|
- Portal Gem - Town, Mastermage and Aphus Lassel portal gems are now stackable to a maximum of 25.
- Buadren (Quest Item) - No longer Attuned
- Sleeves of Inexhaustibility - Now Dyeable
|Waaika Talisman||Tewhate Talisman||Taiaha Talisman||Okane Talisman|
|Hoeroa Talisman||Good Healing Kit||Plain Healing Kit||Crude Healing Kit|
|Healing Tonic||Stamina Draught|
- Blazing Heart - "Increases maximum health by 50 points for 4 hours."
Click image for full size.