Master of Design
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
November, 2011 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
No rollout article this month.
Patch Size: 901k (Client: 4,624k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "There is a man up near the Frozen Valley who has been searching for his brother. If you're looking for adventure you may want to head there."
- Town Crier tells you, "Good news! The tailors have figured out how to remove the looks from all of the special armors in Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear there are even new reduction options on the larger armor pieces."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors about a new augmentation that is available from Bandit Castle. I wonder what it could be."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've noticed a few new helpful people around certain towns. Always nice to see new faces."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard the excellent news? Leather and Sandstone can now be applied to all weapons and armor. The uninscription stone should work on all of those items as well."
- Town Crier tells you, "Sir Daeglan, by Neftet, is searching for information on Geraine. Any brave adventurers should report to him, I ams sure they will be rewarded greatly."
- Town Crier tells you, "With the new tailoring and reduction options some of the armor pieces seem to have changed the parts of the body they cover."
- Town Crier tells you, "Seems like we'll be seeing a lot of new outfits running around these towns soon."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is a new Empyrean who uses his abilities to allow the adjustment of ones natural attributes."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hey I hear the disco is open again. I remember the first year that place opened, I partied all night long."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You've haven't partied until you've partied with me. You can start by getting me a stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It's about time those town criers stopped dressing up like fools. You'd think they would take their simple job more seriously."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You'd think those people running the Town Network would at least change the Tou-Tou sign."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Maybe they just like seeing the look on people's faces as they step through the portal."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "More problems up in the Frozen Valley. What can you say about some that wanders into caves he knows he shouldn't be in?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "If you head up there make sure to drink some stout first. That's what I do, it keeps you warm."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "And those wights aren't so hideous when you're drunk, know what I mean?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So the tailors have added some more options with those kits they sell."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Remember back when a man was judged by how well he performed in combat, not by how his shoes matched his helm."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Times like this lead me to drinking..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Some fool in Neftet is looking for information on Geraine. Nothing like being months behind what is going on."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "He asked me for the information, and I do have it all, but he didn't even offer me a stout first."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That's a hint."
New UI and Game Changes
- 14 new Contracts added.
- Quest items can be tailored upon themselves, loot generated items onto quest items and vice versa, as long as the covered slots are the same
- Quest items CANNOT be reduced
- Covenant Armor and Olthoi Armor can be tailored up on the other armor types and vice versa
- You can now tailor the appearance of single slot armor on to reduced armor. Vice Versa does not apply.
- Society Armor can not be tailored upon
- Society Cloak appliers have been added to the Society Quartermasters.
- Society Breastplate Cloth and Robe remover/restorers have been added to Society Quartermasters.
- Leather and Sandstone should now be usable on all quest armor and clothing.
- Quest items, Cloaks, and higher tier Rares can now be Leathered and Sandstoned
- The name for all new Salvage has changed: instead of Salvaged (Material) it is now (Material) Salvage.
- All preexisting Salvage bags have been renamed to (Material) Salvaged.
- Foolproof Salvage has been renamed to (Material) Foolproof.
- Uninscription Stones
- Uninscribe stones should now be usable on all quest armor and clothing.
- Wardley and the Wights
- Strathelar Royal Cloak Quest
- Rare drop Cloaks: Creeping Blight Cloak and a House Mhoire Cloak
- Attribute and Skill Redistribution - Attribute Reset NPC Chafulumisa added to Asheron's Castle.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "We have decided that the Sword of Bellenesse should be retrieved from the cave in which it now rots."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Collect that sword and I shall reward you. As for who you return the sword to, we of the Explorer Society do not choose sides."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that Royal Guard Adrana needs help with uncovering the source of the disturbances near town."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Travel to Yanshi and aid her in this matter. Return to me after you have completed her request and I shall reward you."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that the Shroud Cabal have been getting out of hand."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Seek access through the Southern Resonance Crystal and retrieve the Ley Leech's Medallion. Return to me when this is done and I shall reward you."
- Bartender Greeters
- Lifestone Greeters
- Cabin by the Frozen Valley
- Encampment near Neftet
- Bandit Castle
- Asheron's Castle
- Chafulumisa - Attribute Reset
- Now sell contracts (Rumors have been retired):
- Pathwarden Greeters - Now give 12,500 experience for completing the "Find the Pathwarden" quest/contract.
- Society Agents - Now teach you the Facility Hub Recall spell in exchange for the Teleportation Device.
- Society Quartermasters - Now sell Tailoring tools to remove the small capes and/or robes from society breastplates, and society cloak appliers.
- Asheron tells you, "Bael'zharon will not stop trying to destroy these lands."
- Asheron tells you, "We will have to remain vigilant and strong."
- Asheron tells you, "As long as we have powerful forces on our side, Dereth shall remain safe."
- Some NPCs, such as the NPCs at the Encampment near Neftet started wearing cloaks, for example with the Strathelar Emblem.
- Night Club reopened - New T-Shirts available!
- Cabin by the Frozen Valley - second cabin added with Halvor. Also Archmage Ichihiri seems to have found a home here, and stopped pacing around,
|Strathelar Royal Cloak Quest|
|Large Tome||Book 1: The Apostates||Book 2: The Gurogs and the beginnings of the Plan||Book 3: The Time Ritual and the Sand Kings|
|Book 4: Further Manipulations of Time||Strathelar Royal Cloak|
|12th Anniversary Night Club Ticket||Night Club Shirt (2011)|
|Jack of All Trades|
- Fists of Stone - New Icon
- Fleet Strike Gauntlets - No longer covers Lower Arms.
- Swift Strike Gauntlets - No longer covers Lower Arms.
- Quick Strike Gauntlets - No longer covers Lower Arms.
- Assassin's Cowl - No longer covers Head.
- Cowl of the Sand - No longer covers Head.
- Doomshark Hide Coat - No longer covers Head.
- Auroric Exarch Coat - No longer covers Hands or Abdomen.
- Exarch Plate Coat - No longer covers Hands or Abdomen.
- Luminescent Thaumaturgic Coat - No longer covers Hands or Abdomen.
- Thaumaturgic Plate Coat - No longer covers Hands or Abdomen.
- Clean, Dry Towel - Now covers Abdomen.
- Suzuhara's Girth of Flame Protection - No longer covers Lower Legs.
- Snarl's Jerkin - No longer covers Lower Arms.
- Upgraded Snarl's Jerkin - No longer covers Lower Arms.
- Empyrean Scalemail Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Branith's Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Night Club Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Coarse Hide Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Aphus Lounging Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Aerlinthe Monarch Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Aerlinthe Patron Shirt - No longer covers Abdomen.
- Aphus Wading Pants - Abdomen added to coverage.
No new titles this month.
Portal.dat (Ingame Icons)
Click image for full size.
Hood found in Loot
Central Room, ground level, in Frozen Wight Lair
- Particle effects are removed when tailoring a shield that has them. This will be a permanent "bug". Addressed by Sev: One limitation of our item art system is that you'll have to relog to get particle effects to show up on the new shield. - Severlin
- Old style mattekar coat cannot be tailored.
- No Augmentation Trainers (NPCs) appear to accept the new Jack of All Trades augmentation gem for swapping.
- The Dyeable property is currently being lost during the tailoring of some pieces of armor, this is a confirmed bug that will be fixed in the December patch.
- The material of an item will not show up in ingame messages (giving a Steel Ring for example or applying salvage) (see also this thread on the Turbine Boards:
- (Player) gives you Ring.
- You give (Player) Ring.
- (Player) successfully applies the Salvage (100) (workmanship 5.10) to the Electric Crossbow.
- Note: this also caused troubles with some third party programs, for example Tinkering & Salvaging Bots. Tradebots function, if the "customer" leaves out the material when checking for stuff. Buff bots do not seem to be affected.
- This is probably going to be fixed in the December patch.
- Unknown if it's a bug or intended: Tailoring quest items onto loot-generated items can result in some strange item names, such as "Bronze Coral Shield"
- Focusing Stone and Overlord's Sword cannot be Leathered.
- Diamond Shield
- Old shields now look like Niffis Shell (Shield) when wielded, still look correct when hooked.
- Newly picked up shields look correct.
- Superior Shields revert back to their original color when tailored upon another shield, the icon however, still represents the dyed shield. After this, the ID panel still shows it would be dyeable, however, it is not.
- Colosseum Master's Robes can be tailored upon other robes and dresses with the same coverage. However, though the result should be dyeable according to the ID-panel, you cannot apply any dye on it anymore.
- You hand over all of your Wardley's Bootss<sic>.