Lay of the Land
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
March 2010 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 1,812k (Client: 4,508k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems preparations are already beginning for the wedding ceremony, I'm so excited."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Arcanum has a new apprentice, Cara. Maybe I can apply next time they're hiring..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports of additional activity in the areas presently held by the Gear Knights."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that the Direlands Gear Knight Invasion has started to spread."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems the workers near Yanshi need help getting the wedding together."
- Town Crier tells you, "The invading Gear Knights have expanded their works, and seem to be stockpiling Aetherium. Adventurers are being sought to go to the resistance camps, in order to be sent on missions to destroy these stockpiles."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Gold Gear Primus in Xarabydun is seeking adventurers for a series of tasks."
- Town Crier tells you, "My friend Zalphoos tells me that business is booming. Apparently his small shop gets far more passers by these days."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "A wedding, I love weddings. You're surprised that I love weddings? Clearly you haven't heard of an open bar."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear those tin cans are now scouting all over the Direlands. Bah, almost as bad as those Virindi that've been playing them like a bad fiddle."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'd been working on this special brew when some bad mannered adventurer burst into my cottage causing the brew to spill. As it seeped into the ground it felt like something changed. Now I'm certain Dereth enjoys ale as much as I do."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm a little offended that with all the help they're asking for with this wedding, that no one thought to ask me to provide the ale. My home brew is the best around, but I guess there will just be more for me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hmmmm... The Gear Knights seem to be stockpiling that strange purple rock they're so fascinated with. I wonder if it could be used to make a new Stout. I can't imagine what value it would have outside of that..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard that they were working on the Yanshi festival grounds. In an attempt to lighten it up some I tried to fill the nearby fountain with ale. That's when I discovered I didn't have enough ale for both me and the fountain, and even worse all those toe picking drudges nearby might drink it! So, I drank the ale and soaked up some mana from around the fountain for my recall home."
- Aetherium Raid (High)
- Atamarr Tasks
- Aetherium Raid (Low)
- Menhir Research
- Wedding Preparations
- Seasonal Quests and Events
- Cara the Apprentice - Xarabydun (41.7S, 15.8E, 2nd floor)
- Gazebo Craftsman - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Stone Craftsman - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Tree Craftsman - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Florist - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Copper Cog Craftsmaster - 10.4S, 75.2W inside the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon
- Bronze Gauntlet Knight-Commander - 10.4S, 75.2W inside the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon
- Silver Scope Spymaster - 10.4S, 75.2W inside the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon
- Sir Oakley - Inner Sea Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- Sir Durnstad - Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- Kaytin - who has taken over the quest tasks given by Atamarr for Gear Knight Construction quest last patch
- Merkitz ibn'Akadh - Summons a portal to the Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp for a MMD-Note
- 12.9S, 41.6E - Wedding Chapel - west of drop near Yanshi
- 7.2S, 75.0W - Gear Hunter Dungeon
- 22.4S, 0.3W - Rock
- 36.0S, 7.2E - Gear Knight Excavation
- 10.4S, 75.2W - Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon - Now holds different NPCs associated with the Atamarr Tasks quest, and used as part of the Aetherium Raid (High) quest.
|Aetherium Ore Stockpile Destruction|
|Bright Aetherium Ore Fragment||Dull Aetherium Ore Fragment|
|Apostate Overseer's Mask||Empty Skin||Silver Scope Spymaster Apostate Message Shard|
|Hero Token Items|
|"Commoner's Two Handed Sword" Summoning Gem||Commoner's Greatblade|
|Enchanted Mana Stone||Coalesced Mana (Red)||Coalesced Mana (Yellow)||Coalesced Mana (Blue)|
|Gazebo||Rock (Wedding Preparations)||Tree (Wedding Preparations)||Shaped Tree|
|Stone Bench||Orange Tulip||Purple Tulip||Yellow Tulip|
|White Tulip||Garden Box|
- Colosseum Vault - Loot updated to the equivalent of 3-4 MFK pulls.
- Crate of Greater Deadly Blunt Arrowheads - Colosseum Coin Collector now sells a crate of 10 heads instead of 1 head for 1 coin.
- Gear Knight Defender
- Gear Knight Recruiter
- Gear Knight Assassin
- Gear Knight Emissary
- Assistant's Assistant
- Mana Field Finder
- Arcanum Adventurer
- Menhir Seeker
Click image for full size.
- The Rocks that are required for the Wedding Preparations quest have been mistakenly named as "Tree".
- The Shaped Trees in the Wedding Preparation Area are labeled "Stone Bench".