From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
May 2008 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
New UI and Game Changes
- Items with a cool down timer now display the remaining time as a bar that shrinks on the right side of the icon (instead of being grayed out as previously done).
- Speak to one of the Royal Guards to be given a Writ of Apology then travel to Samsur and purchase an order for your desired item from the Royal Quartermaster at 2.8S 19.6E. Give the orders to any one of the many Royal Guards for your compensation. One reward per character.
- May 20th - +Crystal Creator spawned some Sentient Crystal Shards and Crystal Lords in Samsur. Afterwards the envoy handed out Jester Cards to players.
- A strange formation of crystals has been spotted east of Samsur
- Clutch of Kings - title tokens removed and xp reward updated. New Exp reward| ??
- Invoker Quest - xp reward updated. Old Reward| 4 million New Exp reward| 30% of level up to Level 100 (28 million).
- The Deep (Vissidal) - gold hand-in token and all desciple killtask tokens removed|
- Candrus Steady-Hand - 65.8S 45.3W just west of Graveyard
- Francisco the Hunter - 90.7N, 43.0W in Eastwatch
- Guard Al'Zira - in Beach Fort
- Guard Bey - 59.8S 88.2W in Ayan Baqur
- Guard Liaza - 40.8N 83.0W in Redspire
- Guard Taizo - 28.0S 95.5E in Tou-Tou
- Jawaq ibn Janath - 65.3S 42.3W east of Graveyard
- Joku Shunja - 60.1S 88.0W in Ayan Baqur
- Jondor Torgren - 13.6N 0.7E in Zaikhal
- Kousu Temo - 64.2S 44.0W north of Graveyard
- Marcus Danby - 23.4N 28.8W in Danby's Outpost
- Qurakh al-Taal - 59.9S 87.9W in Ayan Baqur
- Royal Guards - 42.1N 33.7E in Holtburg; 2.8S 19.5E in Samsur; 33.8S 72.5E in Shoushi; 21.6S 1.4W in Yaraq (among other locations) - Give Writ of Apology and rewards for orders from Royal Quartermaster.
- Royal Quartermaster - 2.8S 19.6E in Samsur
- Vierana du Canamorra - 60.0S 87.8W in Ayan Baqur
- Hurnmel the Smith - New location and new items.
- Ayan Baqur Moarsman Fort - 60.9S 89.8W just west of Ayan Baqur
- Beach Fort Moarsman Fort - 75.1N 49.6W south west of Beach Fort
- Blight Rat Bunker - 64.0S 44.2W on north side of Graveyard
- Blight Revenant Pit - 65.5S 42.2W east of Graveyard
- Congregation of Blight Spirits - 66.0S 44.7 on west side of Graveyard
- Danby's Outpost Moarsman Fort - 22.5N 30.6W near Danby's Outpost
- Eastwatch Moarsman Fort - 92.7N 42.5W north of Eastwatch
- Mhoire Armory (160+) - 64.8S 44.3W in Graveyard
- Redspire Moarsman Fort - 40.7N 86.4W west of Redspire
- Tou-Tou Moarsman Fort - 28.9S 92.6E southwest of Tou-Tou
|Jester's Lost Marbles|
|Jester's Marbles||Jester's Marker||Spectral Ingot||ToDo List|
|East Armory Key||North Armory Key||West Armory Key||South Armory Key|
|Forge Vault Key||Forge Vault|
|Soul Bound Spectral Weapons|
|Spectral Binding Stone||Soul Bound Axe||Soul Bound Claw||Soul Bound Dagger|
|Soul Bound Mace||Soul Bound Spear||Soul Bound Staff||Soul Bound Sword|
|Soul Bound Bow||Soul Bound Crossbow||Soul Bound Atlatl||Soul Bound Casting Staff|
- Club of Surprising Cunning - now does bludgeoning damage (instead of pierce).
- Club of Remarkable Cunning now does bludgeoning damage (instead of pierce).
- House Mhoire Shield - Updated with the new Mhoire symbol, see images below
Click image for full size version.
Some of these have been fixed.
- The Armory Captains inside Mhoire Armory frequently do not drop their key properly (both on ramps and on flat ground). Workaround using lockpick or killing again (best seems to fight it exactly where it spawns in middle of circular room).
- Do not use a Casting Stamped Spectral Ingot if you plan on making it permanent. Using a Spectral Binding Stone on it has no effect, so it still drops on death and will be lost after the 3 day timer expires. Reportedly envoys will increase the timer to 45 days if you submit a request via urgent assistance. (It may be due to a name collision, both the casting item and the staff item are called "Spectral Staff").
- Strength of Diemos (+45) is overriding Zongo's Fist (+50 Strength). To be fixed in June.
- According to Frelorn, the Corrupted Maidens are not supposed to be so hard to kill| "This is a bug. They have some stats that are not what we intended. I would recommend avoiding them until we can get a fix in place." -- Frelorn
- People are using an exploit to cause Pets to attack those around them. In the meantime anyone caught causing pets to kill others [http|//forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=38681 will be banned].
- The Spectral Ingot and Forge Vault Key have independent timers which means if you did not use the key right away for some reason you can be in a position where you can pick up a key and open the vault, but be unable to pick up the ingot out of the vault (and have to wait another week to get a new key to try again).
- The Spectral Atlatl currently has a wield req of 400 base, far higher than the comparable reqs for bow and crossbow of 360 (TW is also Coordination/2). Also it is possible the reqs were intended to be base reqs, they are currently buffed reqs (though perhaps not since they are still 160+ to wield).
- Moarsman Overspawn.jpg|right
- The spawn generators in the forts for the quest Moarsmen on the Shores are occassionally bugging and causing double spawns. Due to the large numbers that can barely move it causes extreme lag. The image shows the radar outside and inside the temple.
- The Pack Aerbax contains an error in it's description stating "The Pack Grael can be placed on floor and yard hooks."
- Coral Encrusted Chest description| "A treasure chest encrusted by coral, appearing as it [sic] it had been lost at sea for a long, long time..."
- Foolproof Yelow [sic] Topaz Orders
- Jester tells you, "Of course excruciating pain or death aren't really something I understand to [sic] well anymore... I'm sure it will be fine."
Hotfix May 28th
- Corrupted Maidens can now be hit by attacking players.
- Pets will no longer be able to attack players.
- The Soul Bound Caster no longer has a lifespan and no longer drops on death.
- Spectral Caster and the Soul Bound Caster no longer have the Armor Cleaving property.
- The spell Strength of Diemos will no longer override the effect from Zongo's Fist.
- The Supremacy spell no longer overrides the Leadership other 7 spell.
- The Aerbax Pack doll now has the proper description.