From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
October 2000 - Announcements Page
November Heaume Preview
- No Current Link Available
- No Original Link Available
Permabuff Bug to be Fixed
State of the Code
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "The residents of Arwic have split the town into two separate settlements. Some refer to it as 'New Arwic,' or 'New'ic.'"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The massive Shadow Spires that recently destroyed our settlements have begun to withdraw back into the earth. Sages are concerned this may herald the beginning of some dire new Shadow plot."
- Town Crier tells you, "Is it just me, or do you see lights on the moon of Alb'arel?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The night sky seems to have returned to normal. If you ask me, it's never looked better!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you like my mask? Alexander the Deft made it for me!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you like my mask? Tsua Kagemata made it for me!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Sir Candeth Martine of the Dereth Exploration Society recently went into the Blackmire west of Sawato, to research the habits of Mosswarts. A funny duck, that one. Me, all I need to about Mosswarts is how to make them do that squeak when they die!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard a few reports of people suffering terrible visions when a Shadow is slain near them."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems the undead and the Shadows are both lying low for the time being. It is believed they are both searching for the last Soul Stone."
- Town Crier tells you, "Mages say that the areas around the old menhir rings are now gushing with magical power! Those who stand in them report high rates of mana replenishment."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems the undead are on our side for now. They're also fighting against the Shadows. So far it doesn't seem to have helped much."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday I found a Fez that didn't have any enchantments. Odd, huh?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The scholars of Zaikhal recently recovered thousands of Yalaini texts from long-sealed caverns at Xarabydun. The Consortium of Archmages have begun to produce reagents in the Empyrean style, a compressed form mages have taken to calling 'peas.' Peas are small and lightweight, but can only be used with the aid of a special tool."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that some of the scarecrows that came through the portals were animated by the vagaries of portalspace. But surely that's just a fairy-story for children!"
- Town Crier tells you, "It looks like some of our farmers found pumpkin seeds in the heads of some scarecrows. Aluvian legends say that carving a frightening visage into a pumpkin can ward off evil, but I don't think the Shadows will be impressed...
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear they destroyed three more of the Soul Stones imprisoning Bael'Zharon... That means there's only one left! Why would they do that?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Parties of adventurers discovered three Empyrean storage facilities last month, hidden away under rings of crystal."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you like my mask? Janda Sulifiya made it for me!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oswald was sighted in Xarabydun yesterday!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Want to buy the Obsidian Span? I got the deed to it from Asheron."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That island off the coast of Eastham? Been there a million times. All you have to do is find the right portal. Try climbing into the pocket of a Tremendous Monouga. They pick up portals and carry them around, you know."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Tuskers look healthier lately, but they still smell bad. Sometimes you can get a Tusker Tusk from their corpses. If you can collect twelve of them and use berimphur dye on each, you can string them together with drudge guts to make a Tusker Lure. Any Tusker that sees a Lure will follow you around grunting 'Naners! Naners!'"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oswald was sighted in Distaster Maze yesterday. He was camping the Director."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I saw Claude practicing a waltz with a scarecrow the other day. He was muttering something about poetry."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I don't care what everyone else says - the moons didn't look like that before!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That Virindi, Leopold, you want to watch out for him. Those masks he gives out will turn you into one of his people."
New UI and Game Changes
- The underground town of Xarabydun has been discovered.
- Arrow and quarrel shafts have been greatly reduced in weight.
- Heritage Masks and creatures masks introduced.
- Archmages and Master Mages
- Certain archmages now provide varying dispel services ranging from level I up to level VI.
- Game Concepts
- Spell Component Peas have been introduced!
- Tuskers have received new improved artwork.
- There are now more ambient sounds for those running across the lands.
- The "permabuff" bug is finally fixed by devs.
- "You hear faint gleeful laughter as your enchantments fade away....."
- Lady Aerfalle Quest - Lady of Aerlinthe's Chest now contains Aerfalle's Pallium and Ashbane
- Lost Distillery Quest - Distillery Dew added
- 10/10/00 - The new improved White Rabbit attacks Ayan after Wi's Buff the Bunny Campaign is a success.
- Aino Lunnan-Shin
- Alexander the Deft
- Archmage Zarri ibn Khaybi
- Barkeep Anarn
- Bowyer Hanra ibn Zarib
- Diyas al-Yat - 13.8N, 0.1E in Zaikhal
- Farmer Khurah al-Rujarkir
- Fazyad ibn Raymar
- Janda Sulifiya
- Jeweler Jurraf al-Djiqidh
- Olivier Rognath
- Sifida bint Naril the Scribe
- Smith Ashaira bint Maisa
- Tsua Kagemata
- Golem Sanctum - random spawning landscape portal
- Linvak Tukal - Structure now found at 77.8S, 28.0E, but cannot be accessed yet.
- Banderling Conquest Dungeon - 29.0S, 50.4E
- Mosswart Maze - 25.2S 19.4E
- Sotiris Dungeon - 68.0S, 69.2W
- Tumideon Fortress - 56.0S, 60.7W
- Monster Camps
- The Floating City - random spawning landscape portal in Osteth
- Xarabydun - 41.9S, 16.1E (Level 1-25 restriction)
- 45.6S, 87.0W - White Rabbit Cave
- 3.7S, 69.2W - Floating Advocate Tower - Now accessible from The Floating City.
|Floating City Quest|
|Gem of Impulse Quest|
|Armory Chest||Call for Adventurers!||Crystal Nodule||Discus|
|Forgotten Text||Gem of Impulse||Guard Post Key||Standing Orders|
|Mace of the Explorer Quest|
|Banderling Orders||A Battered Leather Journal||A Dry Withered Leather Bound Journal|
|Banderling Mace Shaft||Banderling Mace Head||Banderling Ceremonial Weapon|
|Mace of the Explorer|
|Heritage Masks (Tier 1)|
|Broken Virindi Mask||Virindi Mask||King's Helm||Shadow's Garb|
|White Rabbit trophy|
|Orb of the Bunny Booty|
|Banderling Head||Drudge Head||Mosswart Head||Skeleton's Skull|
|Banderling Mask (Old Style)||Drudge Mask||Mosswart Mask (Old Style)||Skull Mask|
|Tusker Head||Tusker Mask|
|A Stained Book||The Breaking of the Crystal Core||Sotiris Note||Tumideon Note|
|Spell Component Peas|
|Splitting Tool||Lead Pea||Mugwort Pea||Powdered Lapis Lazuli Pea|
|Vitriol Pea||Cedar Pea||Green Pea|
|Kireth Gown with Band||Kireth Gown with Band (Altered)||Kiyafa Robe||Yifan Dress|
- Olthoi Helm - New artwork
- Heaumes - Updated with new "teapot" artwork style and icon.
- Black Boulder - Now Attuned
- Festival Stones - Commemorate 1 Year of Asheron's Call with firework displays
- Specialty Cookbook - Updated with Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin Pie recipes.
Click image for full size version.