Heart of Woe
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
June 2003 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that the people in Wai Jhou have been busy with some new project."
- Town Crier tells you, "I love the roadway from Arwic to Glenden Wood, the Obsidian Span, the run along the river and the gorgeous valleys, remind me of Ispar."
- Town Crier tells you, "Who would have ever thought that Jaleh was married?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The High Queen is concerned about what she heard from Knorr regarding the Olthoi."
- Town Crier tells you, "Ahurenga Tumeroks recently ran a crazy Tumerok out of town. I think he lured an olthoi into town."
- Town Crier tells you, "Wai Jhou towns folk claim to have learned humility or something."
- Town Crier tells you, "What happened to those Virindi? Did you see them? I've never been so scared!"
- Town Crier tells you, "You know that old igloo, way up north, used to hold a mysterious shivering stone? You don't want to go there now. Trust me on this one."
- Town Crier tells you, "Sorry -- no time to talk! I'm getting ready for a party at my monarch's villa!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard the Black Death Catacombs have become much more dangerous."
- Town Crier tells you, "You know--It's possible that Jaleh was mixed up with the wrong element. He did just appear as a town owner a couple years back. Of course there was the fact that he is on Elysa's council. I wonder what she thinks about this."
- Town Crier tells you, "What's red and blue and green and black and gold and white and… Oh just go visit the Obsidian Plains."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Olthoi Horde Nests are among the lairs the High Queen would like investigated."
- Town Crier tells you, "With the seasons come greater changes. I've never seen so many different types of Drudges
- Town Crier tells you, "I donated a bunch of metal salvage to the collectors in Wai Jhou. Let's take back Dereth! Well, I guess we never had it to begin with, but... you know.
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear about the crazy Tumerok who rides olthoi? I think he should start a road show where he does various olthoi riding tricks."
- Town Crier tells you, "Wai Jhou vendors are selling high and buying low now. I got some really good deals there. They say they don't want pyreal to distract them from the path."
- Town Crier tells you, "Apparently Jaleh had some meetings during the day that his wife knew about, but he never came home that night? I wonder what happened."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that Ciandra took on an apprentice. Nice looking girl. I wonder if she gets lonely out there in Xarabydun? Maybe I'll stop by on my day off."
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh just like everyone else, my advice is only good enough for a single pyreal! Well thank you, Mr. Pyrealbags this'll go a long way toward providing for my family. I'm sure that an egg will feed me, my three kids and my wife."
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh you just don't know..."
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- Your character's natural drain resistance now protects you against spells that drain stamina and mana, and not just health.
- You can now recall to your monarch's Villa using the "@house mansion_recall" and "@house alleg_recall" commands.
- Heart of Innocence Quest
- Olthoi Weapons Quest
- Oswald's Dirk Quest
- Putiputipuh's Onga
- Town Founder
- Weeping Weapons
- Atlan Weapons Quest
- Peerless weapons now have +7% Melee Defense and +7% Attack.
- Superior weapons now have +5% Melee Defense and +5% Attack.
- Requirements removed from Major stones.
- Timer changed to 1 hour for stones.
- New weapon spells and the vulnerability spells have been removed.
- Stones and tool no longer attuned and bonded.
- Black Fire Weapons are now Ivoryable.
- Isparian Weapons Quest
- Weapons are no longer attuned (even if stoned).
- No longer cast debuffs.
- Some lowered skill requirements, increased damage and new spells.
- New NPC - Alaine the Apprentice.
- Emissary of Asheron step no longer necessary.
- New skill check on Ingots.
- Decanter + Diamond Powder = Thick Oil, skill check 300.
- New Ingot Descriptions.
- Fathomless Chasm dungeons level restrictions updated.
- Minor Atlan Stones/Major Atlan Stones
- Minor Frost and Minor Sparking stones relocated. Old caves now have Runed chests instead.
- Heritage rumors replaced with store bought rumors.
- Spells on each stone updated.
- Alaine the Apprentice - 41.8S, 15.8E in Xarabydun
- Aaminah - 60.0S, 87.8W in Ayan Baqur
- Aun Teverea - 62.3S 51.4W in Wai Jhou
- Black Hill Trophy Smith - 62.2S, 50.4W
- Black Hill Collector - 62.2S, 50.4W
- Caelis Renning - 62.3S 51.4W in Wai Jhou
- Hea Mutuona - 47.1N, 90.3W in Ahurenga
- Kreavon - 62.3S 51.4W in Wai Jhou
- Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor - 28.5S, 59.2E in Sawato
- Royal Guard (Olthoi Weapons Quest) - 25.6N, 48.8E in Cragstone
- Tekapuapuh - 46.4N, 91.5W near Ahurenga
- Catacombs of Opposition NPCs:
- Heart of Innocence - 34.0N, 39.0E near Holtburg
- Secret Putiputi Place - 46.3N, 82.1W
- Catacombs of Opposition
- Lower Corridor -
- Deeper Catacombs (Black Death Catacombs) -
- Deeper Catacombs (Lair of Death) -
- Deeper Catacombs (Bandit Castle OHN) -
- Deeper Catacombs (Colier OHN) -
- Deeper Catacombs (Crater Lair) -
- Deeper Catacombs (Mountain Retreat OHN) -
- Deeper Catacombs (Olthoi Tunnels) -
- Fir Tree - 80.0N, 45.5W
- Secondary "duplicate" portals to the Atlan Stone dungeons:
- 42.7N, 49.8E - Igloo (Minor Shivering Stone)
- 59.9S, 75.5E - Zefir Cave (Minor Sparking Stone)
- Amperehelion Vault - Updated with tougher creatures.
- Ancient Lighthouse - Surface portal now exits to the top of the mountain.
- Black Death Catacombs - Upper section updated with Warriors, Nobles and Eviscerators. Deeper Catacombs portal added to the lower area (Olthoi Weapons Quest) - contains Swarm Soldiers and Swarm Eviscerators.
- Crater Lair - Creatures updated. Portal to Deeper Catacombs added.
- Fathomless Chasm Devex - Was 20-29, now 20-39.
- Fathomless Chasm Clough - Was 30-39, now 40-49.
- Fathomless Chasm Plummet - Was 40-49, now 50-59.
- Fathomless Chasm Descent - Was 50-70, now 60-79.
- Fathomless Chasm Abyss - Was 70+, now 80+.
- Frost Ziggurat - Diamond Golems updated to Pyreal Golems.
- Lair of Death - Portal to Deeper Catacombs added. Guardians added to entrance. Notes from a Scout and a portal to the Catacombs of Opposition added to the end.
- Olthoi Horde Nest (Bandit Castle) - Portal to Deeper Catacombs added.
- Olthoi Horde Nest (Colier) - Portal to Deeper Catacombs added.
- Olthoi Horde Nest (Mountain Retreat) - Portal to Deeper Catacombs added.
- Olthoi Tunnels - Portal to Deeper Catacombs added.
Points of Interest
- Planetarium - Creatures updated.
- Teth Golem Mountain - Creatures updated.
- 2.1N, 73.0W - Direland Rat Cave - Creatures updated.
- 0.6N, 72.9W - Merciless Monouga Cave - Creatures updated.
- 5.3N, 56.7W - Wisp Pillars - Creatures updated.
- 5.2S, 91.8W - Banderling Camp - Creatures updated. (Unconfirmed for this event)
- 23.3S, 92.1W - Shipwreck - Creatures updated. Runed chest and SIK chest added.
- 89.0N, 1.6W - Igloo - Old Minor Shivering Stone location. Now contains a Runed Chest.
- 69.7S, 40.1E - Menhir Ring - Dual Fragments added. Runed chest added. (Unconfirmed for this event)
- 73.0S, 68.0E - Zefir Cave - Old Minor Sparking Stone location. Now contains a Runed Chest.
- 77.0S, 29.9E - Hoary Armoredillo Cottage - Creature updated. Runed chest added. (Unconfirmed for this event)
- 80.5S, 71.7W - Skeleton Ruins - Creatures updated. Runed chest and SIK chest added.
- 80.5S, 70.8W - Undead Tower - Creatures updated. SIK chest added.
- 81.5S, 46.1W - Tumerok Camp - Creatures updated. Runed chest added. (Unconfirmed for this event)
- 84.4S, 72.6W - Banderling Cave - Creatures updated. Runed chest added.
- 89.7S, 73.7W - Eternal Flame - Creatures updated. Runed chest added.
|Jojii Shrine||Wai Jhou (Town Sign)|
|Weeping Atlatl||Weeping Axe||Weeping Bow||Weeping Crossbow|
|Weeping Claw||Weeping Dagger||Weeping Mace||Weeping Spear|
|Weeping Staff||Weeping Sword||Weeping Wand|
|Olthoi Weapons Quest|
|A Note from a Scout||Note from a Scout||Olthoi Crest|
|Olthoi Femur||Olthoi Long Claw||Olthoi Stab Claw|
|Small Olthoi Grub||Acid Olthoi Axe||Olthoi Acid Katar|
|Olthoi Atlatl||Olthoi Spear||Grub Bite|
|Tekapuapuh's Note||Dead Olthoi||Mysterious Tumerok Artifact 1||Mysterious Tumerok Artifact 2|
|Mysterious Tumerok Artifact 3||Olthoi Cistern||Glowing Pustule||Panaq (Putiputipuh's Onga)|
|New Town Stamp||Miner Title Token||Timberman Title Token||Trapper Title Token|
|A Sparking Stone||Duplicated Portals|
- A Shivering Stone - Renamed from "Aluvian Rumor", text updated
- A Fiery Stone - Renamed from "Gharu'ndim Rumor", text updated
- A Stinging Stone - Renamed from "Sho Rumor"
- Hoary Armoredillo Spine - New icon.
- Plate Armoredillo Spine - New icon.
- Speed of the Hunter - My movements shall become as the wind, silent and swift. Decreases the base speed of a weapon by 30.
Click image for full size.