From the Darkness Born
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
August 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Monty seemed to be complaining about Ketnan and his guile the other day. I wonder what he meant."
- Town Crier tells you, "I wonder if the High Queen means to rebuild Yanshi. The town has certainly been more bustling since the arrival of the Burun."
- Town Crier tells you, "I cannot verify if it is true, but I've heard that Shimena Keep has been overrun."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear that we might make a treaty with the Mosswarts? Has the high Queen gone mad? Does she not remember what they did to Sir Candeth Martine?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Be cautious if you plan to make your way to Aerlinthe Island. There are reports that tell of new menaces and challenges."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you been to the Direlands recently? I've heard that the swamp is starting to change. I wonder if it has anything to do with those big Burun that have been spotted. If I find that Kalazar..."
- Town Crier tells you, "What color hair do you think Lady Aerfalle had, has, oh never mind?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Master Craftsmen of Glenden Wood have sent more of their young apprentices in the world. All those who wish to further their artisanal skills should contact the apprentices to discover what new crafting tests are available."
- Town Crier tells you, "Just yesterday I saw someone run by with wings on his back. I don't know whether they were real, or merely something tacked on to the back of his armor. Maybe you should look into that."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that there is an eerie presence that now lurks the halls of Lady Aerfalle's Keep. I wonder if it is another malignant entity?"
- Town Crier tells you, "An emissary of High Queen Elysa has taken up residence in the bar in Yanshi. Apparently she is looking for assistance in learning as much as we can about the new Burun and the growing threat that they pose."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen it!? It's huge! It smells foul and no one can seem to figure out what it is meant to be. But it was certainly made quickly and quietly. Those large Burun are very frightening if you ask me. You might want to stay out of the Direlands Swamp unless you are looking for trouble or worse."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you remember that little Mosswart fellow that was looking for help a little while back? Well, he's back. He's living in Yanshi and asking for our help. Apparently he has made some kind of deal with High Queen Elysa."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard a rumor that the temple that was found last moon contains more than we originally found. I wonder if it is true?"
- Town Crier tells you, "In my free time I've been undergoing the tests set forth by the Apprentice craftsmen. I'm well on my way to becoming a skilled fletcher! And my purse is filled with pyreal as well."
- Town Crier tells you, "Need a vassal? I won't ask for much just some tinkered armor and maybe a tinkered weapon. Oh and maybe a few MMD trade notes, or maybe some golem hearts, wasp wings, armoredillo spines, lugian sinews, dark revenant thigh bones, full sturdy iron key rings, full singularity key rings, or anything else that you don't need."
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- Aerlinthe Revisions
- Armor Sets
- New Gromnie Armor sets introduced.
- Blackmire 3
- 7 new Life Magic Fellowship Spells added as possble rewards.
- Exploration Society Letters
- Glenden Wood Crafters
- The new Gromnie teeth can be made into xp items for the Glenden Wood crafters.
- Lady Aerfalle Quest
- New hard version of Lady Aerfalle quest introduced with better rewards.
- Older rewards have also been improved.
- Training Academy Quest (various small changes)
- Bleeargh -
- Balarazo - 42.9N 66.7W in Greenspire
- Ghost of Galaeral - in Aerfalle Keep
- Ydnew - 12.0S, 42.6E in Yanshi
- Banderling Hovel - 32.0S, 72.8E near Shoushi
- Coral Tunnels
- Dark Mosswart Halls - 74.2S, 83.6E near Kryst
- Direlands Subway
- Hidden Entrance
- King Toad Idol (Dungeon)
- Mossy Cave (Yanshi) - 14.2S, 46.0E
- Umbral Hall
- Watery Grotto - 23.8S, 47.2E near Kryst
- Aerlinthe portal restriction increased from level 35+ to level 40+.
- Relic Town - Updated with larger spawns of more difficult creatures.
- Aerfalle Keep - Updated with the new high version Aerfalle and more difficult creature spawns.
- Aerlinthe Reservoir - Updated with some new creatures. Runed chest added.
- Aerlinthe Lower Reservoir - Updated with some new creatures. Runed chest added.
- Shimena Keep - Updated with new creatures. Runed chests added.
- Mount Lethe now has magma flow leading to the peak.
- Mount Lethe Hellfire now spawns at the top of Lethe and drops 10-12 infusions instead of 3.
- Mount Esper updated with volcanic island in the middle of the lake.
- Burun Cathedral - Dead Sclavus now found at the entrance portal.
- Burun Fortress - Now sealed shut with Renegade Lugians inside.
- 18.8S, 84.4W - Undead Housing - Creatures updated, Runed and Sturdy Steel Chests added. The concealed entrance to the Direlands Subway is found here inside the cottage.
- 36.1S, 81.0W - Shadow Bunker - Creatures updated, Sturdy Steel Chest added.
- 44.5S, 83.4W - Undead Sailor Bunker - Creatures updated.
- 45.2S, 83.2W - Tumerok Fort - Creatures updated.
- 46.2S, 71.8W - Menhir Ring - Now inhabited by various types of Wisp.
- 54.9S, 86.5W - Wisp Pool - Creatures updated. (Unconfirmed for this event)
- 84.9S, 65.8W - Renegade Outpost - Creatures updated.
- 86.3S, 70.3W - Renegade Camp - Creatures updated.
- 87.3S, 71.0W - Gromnie Spawn - Creatures updated.
- 88.0S, 62.1W - Gromnie Spawn - Creatures updated.
- 92.5S, 97.9W - Statue of Bael'Zharon - Can no longer be used.
|Blueprints for a Burun Fortress||A Missive||Report to Niarltah||Aphus Wading Pants|
|Aphus Lounging Shirt||Aphus Sun Guard||Guardian's Uniform||Mages Loop|
|Clasp of the Arm||Clasp of the Heart||Ring of Enchantment||Ring of Enhancement|
|King Toad Idol Quest|
|King Toad Idol||Untranslated Writing||Note to Torgluuk||Of the Burun|
|Mosswart Enchantment Idol||A Carved Mosswart Statue||Unusable Scroll|
|Lady Aerfalle Update|
|Lady of Aerlinthe's Ornate Chest||Ornate Ashen Key||Aerfalle's Supreme Pallium||War Staff of Aerfalle|
|Gromnie Armor: Gromnie Hide|
|Gromnie Hide Boots||Ruddy Gromnie Hide||Gromnie Hide Gauntlets||Thin Gromnie Hide|
|Gromnie Hide Helmet||Ivory Gromnie Hide||Gromnie Hide Leggings||Durable Gromnie Hide|
|Gromnie Hide Coat||Thick Gromnie Hide|
|Gromnie Armor: Gromnie Hide Amuli|
|Gromnie Hide Amuli Coat||Sturdy Gromnie Hide||Gromnie Hide Amuli Leggings||Hardy Gromnie Hide|
|Gromnie Armor: Heavy Gromnie Hide|
|Heavy Gromnie Hide Coat||Resilient Gromnie Hide||Heavy Gromnie Hide Leggings||Rugged Gromnie Hide|
|Gromnie Armor: Winged Armor Set|
|Turquoise Winged Helmet||Azure Gromnie Wings||Lustrous Winged Leggings||Ivory Gromnie Wings|
|Dusky Winged Coat||Ash Gromnie Wings||Ruddy Winged Boots||Rust Gromnie Wings|
|Gromnie Armor: Gem Occuli|
|Amethyst Oculus||Amethyst Gromnie Eye||Emerald Oculus||Emerald Gromnie Eye|
|Ruby Oculus||Ruby Gromnie Eye||Sapphire Oculus||Sapphire Gromnie Eye|
|Gromnie Armor: Adolescent Occuli|
|Ashen Oculus||Adolescent Ash Gromnie Eye||Teal Oculus||Adolescent Azure Gromnie Eye|
|Ivory Oculus||Adolescent Ivory Gromnie Eye||Rusty Oculus||Adolescent Rust Gromnie Eye|
|Directions to the Lugian Citadels|
- Ash Gromnie Tooth - New Icon
- Ivory Gromnie Tooth - New Icon
- Jade Gromnie Tooth - New Icon
- Swamp Gromnie Tooth - New Icon
- Hoary Mattekar Robe
- AL increased from 40 to 150.
- Swarthy Mattekar Robe
- AL increased from 50 to 200
- Robe of the Tundra
- AL increased from 0 to 100.
- Canescent Mattekar Robe - Can now be exchanged between old and new styles at the NPC.
- - New unique Foci colored icons for Life Magic scrolls (see portal.dat below)
Lady Aerfalle Quest
- Dmg increased from 15 - 30 to 22.5 - 45.
- -4% melee modifier removed.
- Ring of the Watchman
- New spells: Item Enchantment Mastery Other V, Mana Conversion Mastery Other V, Creature Enchantment Mastery Other V
- Spells removed: Person Attunement Other IV, Deception Mastery Other IV
- Arcane Lore: 150 and Creature Enchantment: 170 activation reqs. changed to 50 and 200 respectively.
- Description updated.
- Sacrificial Dagger
- Dmg increased from 2.5 - 5 to 2.8 - 7.
- Artwork and icon updated.
- Staff of Aerfalle
- New spells: Acid Streak V changed to Acid Volley. All spells updated to level VI.
- Modifiers: +4% Melee & +6% Mana C added.
- Allegiance rank req. removed.
- Skill activation reqs increased.
Exploration Society Letters
- A Society Atlatl
- A Society Axe
- A Society Crossbow
- A Society Dagger
- A Society Jitte
- A Society Katar
- A Society Spear
- A Society Staff
- A Society Sword
- A Society Yumi
- An Explorer Atlatl
- An Explorer Axe
- An Explorer Crossbow
- An Explorer Dagger
- An Explorer Jitte
- An Explorer Katar
- An Explorer Spear
- An Explorer Staff
- An Explorer Sword
- An Explorer Yumi
|Thin Gromnie Hide (Retired)||Gromnie Hide||Thick Gromnie Hide (Retired)|
|Gromnie Hide Pauldrons||Gromnie Hide Cuirass||Gromnie Hide Shirt|
- Lifestone Sending
- Gift of Enhancement - "Increases the target's Creature Enchantment by 11%"
- Power of Enchantment - "Increases the target's Item Enchantment by 11%"
- Voltaic Warding
- Flange Warding
- Corrosive Warding
- Frore Warding
- Inferno Warding
- Scythe Warding
- Lance Warding
- Lady Aerfalle - Updated artwork.
- Mount Lethe Hellfire now spawns at the top of Lethe and drops 10-12 infusions instead of 3.
- Phyntos Wasps - Updated artwork
Click image for full size.