Crests of a Turbulent Sea
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
August 2001 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "A cousin of mine, a mage, recently arrived from Ispar. Lucky fellow, he's got a lot more spells than I started out with..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Take cover! It's another roving Virindi death squad!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the archmage complained that a Virindi said something very rude to him the other day."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen those impressive banners people are carrying around? How stylish!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen those terrible Virindi floating fortresses?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the staff warrior is very happy with his new weapon..."
- Town Crier tells you, "New arrivals on Dereth have it easy! Why, when I first got here, we had to run uphill both ways to attack Drudges, with carved sticks, not these fancy new weapons they got!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Some intrepid warriors have managed to defeat Tumerok forces and taken their banners! The Tumeroks apparently use these banners to organize their forces..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Virindi and their Tumerok allies have pushed into Osteth and established camps near our capital cities!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Virindi have been portaling their minions all over Osteth to strike at the human population! No one knows where the next one will strike..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The quality of weapons that new arrivals from Ispar bring with them seems to have improved... Lucky them."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Newly-arrived mages in Dereth have a more comprehensive memory of spells than their antecedents..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Some new arrivals in Dereth seem to be arriving with different sets of skills... Can this reflect some kind of broad change on Ispar?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Scholars theorize that the Virindi and Tumerok invasion of Osteth seems to be directed from those oddly menacing towers that have appeared overland..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So much for speeds beyond the ken of mortal man, eh?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Okay, so it's not stout that repels Virindi death squads. It's actually this old robe of mine, which I haven't changed in months!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I saw someone carrying a Quiddity weapon recently, dressed in purple chain mail... He didn't look quite right. Had Virindi stink on him, you know? Anyway, he looked right at me, gave me a little nod, and then murdered some poor fool shopping at the armorsmith's. I wonder what was going on with that?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Has that darned white rabbit come through again? Oh, he's my archnemesis, he is... I've got a surprise for him, though. Soon he'll be at my feet... Or on my feet... I'm not making much sense, am I?"
New UI and Game Changes
- You can now use @corpse to find your body if you died on the landscape.
- New help text for @help fillcomps.
- Weapon Sets
- First batch of new Tumerok Slayer weapons introduced.
- Character Templates
- Updated starting character templates equipment and spells.
- As the Virindi dies, it screams in the minds of all nearby, "Failure, disjunction, unacceptable. The invasion must hold. We will send lesser forces ahead to permit us to refortify our position..." A new vanguard force is sent ahead to imperil <Town Name>...
- Lieutenant Kenneth - 25.8N, 49.1E in Cragstone
- Shosa Kiroji Matanui - 39.0S. 83.2E in Hebian-to
- Ufet, Prophet of Blades - 13.9N, 0.7E in Zaikhal
- Tumerok Camps/Virindi Towers
- Cragstone Advance Camp - 25.0N, 43.5E (Levels 12-25)
- Cragstone Middle Guard Camp - 25.5N, 39.9E (Levels 24-40)
- Cragstone Reinforcements Camp - 26.6N, 37.8E (Levels 36+)
- Hebian-To Advance Camp - 42.6S, 77.9E (Levels 12-25)
- Hebian-To Middle Guard Camp - 43.9S, 74.7E (Levels 24-40)
- Hebian-To Reinforcements Camp - 44.9S, 71.5E (Levels 36+)
- Zaikhal Advance Camp - 18.5N, 1.1W (Levels 12-25)
- Zaikhal Middle Guard Camp - 22.1N, 1.0W (Levels 24-40)
- Zaikhal Reinforcements Camp - 27.1N, 5.3W (Levels 36+)
|Tumerok Banners Quest|
|Armed Forces Brochure|
|Assault Axe (Retired)||Assault Mace (Retired)||Assault Staff (Retired)||Assault Spear (Retired)|
|Gromnie Token||Shreth Token||Reedshark Token||Mask Token|
|Gem of Value||Gem of Worth||Gem of Wealth|
- Cragstone Camp Standard Bearer
- Cragstone Camp Major
- Cragstone Camp Commander
- Hebian-To Camp Standard Bearer
- Hebian-To Camp Major
- Hebian-To Camp Commander
- Zaikhal Camp Standard Bearer
- Zaikhal Camp Major
- Zaikhal Camp Commander
- Tumerok Standard Bearer
- Tumerok Major
- Tumerok Commander
- Tumerok Controller
- Tumerok Lieutenant
- Tumerok Commander (Falcon Clan)
- Tumerok Commander (Gromnie Clan)
- Tumerok Commander (Mask Clan)
- Tumerok Commander (Reedshark Clan)
- Tumerok Commander (Serpent Clan)
- Tumerok Commander (Shreth Clan)
- Tumerok Controller (Falcon Clan)
- Tumerok Controller (Gromnie Clan)
- Tumerok Controller (Mask Clan)
- Tumerok Controller (Reedshark Clan)
- Tumerok Controller (Serpent Clan)
- Tumerok Controller (Shreth Clan)
- Tumerok Standard Bearer (Falcon Clan)
- Tumerok Standard Bearer (Gromnie Clan)
- Tumerok Standard Bearer (Mask Clan)
- Tumerok Standard Bearer (Reedshark Clan)
- Tumerok Standard Bearer (Serpent Clan)
- Tumerok Standard Bearer (Shreth Clan)
- Cragstone Camp Standard Bearer
Click image for full size.