Chains of Command
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
June 2001 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
Letter to the Players 2
Questions About the May Patch
Pages from the Producer
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Ah, I'm feeling much fresher now. Don't you feel better, too?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I resisted a spell that a Crystal cast at me the other day. My mind is still reeling."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you hunted any Niffis lately? They drop very pretty pieces of shell now..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear about those two explorers from a distant, unknown land who've gotten lost? They keep losing their towels, so I hear."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Mages all over Dereth report that their enhancement spells last longer! Hooray!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Monarchs all across Dereth have become better at addressing large groups! I suppose those "Public Speaking Mastery" classes paid off."
- Town Crier tells you, "Maybe my cousin the big fancy monarch will appoint me his Speaker! It's what I do all day, after all."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the archmage says he's "reached the next level" on his spell research. What is that supposed to mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the archmage spends a lot less time shopping now, and a lot more time working off spells that monsters cast on him! No, wait, he spends less time doing that, too. What does he do all day?!?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Everyone should go to Monty's Den of Iniquity and take a turn at spinning the wheel! Yes, Monty paid me to say that. I feel so ashamed."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The seasons have turned into summer, and that poacher in the Bandit Castle has released her new report on seasonal creature adaptations."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Fletchers, alchemists and cooks are now able to get hats from the Bestowers' Guild to go along with their new titles!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! A merchants' consortium has come together to regulate buy and sell rates across Dereth! They claim that this standardized system contributes to greater efficiency and maximizes the profits of all merchants. I bet their customers aren't too happy, though..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Virindi are spreading further into Osteth! There are reports of a Virindi fortress on the south land bridge, and of their minions, Black Drudges, heading into the south mountains! Oh, what can this mean?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Arrr, it's good to be back here. That Virindi dungeon smelled bad. For such a light and airy bunch of people, they sure are smelly!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ha, those Virindi thought they could keep me down... Not old Ulgrim, my friend, I'm too wily for them! I was prepared for their mind tricks!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "In all seriousness though, Lacandrillar and Adirred were some of the scariest folks I've ever met. Incomprehensible most of the time, but very scary."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What's all this bad noise I hear washing up from way down in the southwest? Durned nuisances, those Virindi."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That F.P., he's a groovy frood."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yep yep, I finally did it, cleared them Virindi away from my town with the force of my mind. Yep, my town."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I passed Bael'Zharon's test, just like Blackthorn and Vidorian did. He bought me a nice cold beer afterward. We didn't bother with any of that "Dark Monarch" claptrap."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Imagine the lip on those folks from the Guild of Bestowers. I could grant titles too, but I'd only grant titles to people who could outdrink me. Fat chance of that."
New UI and Game Changes
- New allegiance communication features introduced including: allegiance-wide broadcasts, messages of the day, and co-vassal chat. See the Details of Allegiance Communication article, for more details.
- New Commands
- Spells components are now easier to purchase. Use @help fillcomps, or read the Details of Component Buying article, for more details.
- Underwear is now ivory/off-white.
- Level VII Creature Magic spells introduced.
- All level 1-5 spell durations extended.
- Currency & Towns
- All vendor buy/sell rates altered to prevent “money running.” It's no longer possible to make three million weightless pyreals in an hour by schlepping items to and fro.
- Vendors now wear aprons to make them visually distinct from players.
- Director's Majordomo - Inside the Land Bridge Staging Complex
- Essence of Enchantment - 52.8N, 62.4E, Exchanges Level VI Creature Enchantment scrolls for the Level VII spell.
- Inculcation Cells - 68.8S 62.5W, south Obsidian Plains
- Land Bridge Staging Complex - 86.1S 2.5W, on the Southern Landbridge
- Northern Quiddity Dungeon - Summoned by a Northern Black Claw Raider
- Southern Quiddity Dungeon - Summoned by a Southern Black Claw Raider
- Lifestone - 24.1N, 28.1W, near Danby's Outpost
- All NPCs return to Ayan Baqur except Jaleh al-Thani and Yuan Hanzu who remain in the swamps.
- Casinos - Now have Wheel of Fortune decorations.
|Quiddity Orb Quest|
|Quiddity Orb||Northern Quiddity Fragment||Southern Quiddity Fragment|
|Inculcation Cells Message Shard||Staging Complex Message Shard|
|Book of Seasons (Summer)||Guidebook Brochure||Staging Complex Note|
|Inculcation Cells Note||Wet Towel||Muddy Towel|
|Niffis Shell (Trophy)||Small Niffis Shell|
|Clean, Dry Towel||Niffis Shell Helm||Niffis Shell (Shield)|
Click image for full size version.