Blood From Stone
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
February 2011 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Patch Size: 985k (Client: 4580k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard strange rumors of an odd stone golem trying to kill people."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard many adventurers speaking of how their questing experiences have been far more rewarding, and in some cases, even illuminating."
- Town Crier tells you, "A Royal Knight, one of Prince Borelean's retinue, has been searching for information on these new Bloodstones that have been attacking people."
- Town Crier tells you, "Questing in general is now rewarding greater experiences than it used to. Several quests have also begun to strengthen an adventurers Luminance."
- Town Crier tells you, "A Royal Knight named Sir Donovan has moved up to the area held by the Gurog, and are rewarding adventurers for assistance with his research into the Bloodstones."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard several rumors of a strange talking rock that turned out to be a large Stone Golem, which has now become aggressive. It may be worth looking into."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seems Deewain has setup shop in the icy hills up north. You can only push someone so far before they either snap or become an alcoholic."
- Ulgrim stares at you for a second.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear Farelaith has created a Shadownether stone to empower those Isparian weapons with the forces of nether. What weak little people need a wand to help them try and compete with my power?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, you didn't know I knew Void Magic? I invented Void Magic!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Bloodstones are running rampant up in that ice area shooting blood at people. Who shoots blood? Seriously."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Speaking of shooting... get me a shot."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Only one stout? It takes more then that to have an effect on me these days. Wonder if that means I have a problem..... nah probably not."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear that hunter, Hunter... what a ridiculous name... is finally rewarding people for killing Snow Tusker Leaders. It is amazing what skills a person doesn't need, like basic math, to become a successful hunter. I explained to Hunter.... seriously what a ridiculous name... that 20 was greater than 10, there shouldn't be any confusion from now on."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Deewain is holed up pretty well in that cave he created. He did tell me that if I wanted to visit him the rocks would guide my path."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ya, I don't know what that means either."
- Deewain's Dark Cavern (Killing Deewain. 40,000 luminance, 500 million XP, 5 use MFK. Fellowship. 180+.)
- Bloodstone Investigation (Killing Master Bloodstone. Delicate Bloodstone Wand/Sturdy Bloodstone Wand, 40,000 luminance, ~280 million XP. Fellowship. 200+ (?))
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Quests for February:
- Sir Donovan - 83.8N 4.3W
- Dark Cavern - 87.9N 9.3W - large maze. You are dropped at a random starting location when you enter. (Level 180+ restriction)
- Lord Kastellar's Lab - accessed by a Pillar in Frozen Tomb
- Bloodstone Factory - accesses by a Pillar at 84.5N 5.1W
- Frozen Tomb updated with the items for the Bloodstone Investigation quest
- Nothing at Deewain's old location (22.4S, 0.3W - Rock)
- Small ice cave with Pillar at 84.5N 5.1W
|Pillar (Bloodstone Factory)||Pillar (Lord Kastellar's Lab)||Shattered Master Bloodstone Shard|
|Research Notes (Lord Kastellar)||Large Tome||Bloodstone Report|
|Carefully rolled scroll||Delicate Bloodstone Wand||Sturdy Bloodstone Wand|
|Deewain's Dark Cavern|
|Fallen Rock||Energy Infused Rock|
|Shadownether Stone||Shadownether Isparian Wand|
Click image for full size.
Spike Room in Dark Cavern
Crystalline Portal (130+): levers to the gates the "boss" critters are behind and the lever to the array area have been removed from game by Turbine